1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Ultimate lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nolanspawn, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Aug 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    nolanspawn

nolanspawn [OP] Work In Progress

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    Corsa Exhuast, AFE Intake
    So this is the setup I am leaning towards. Anyone want to talk me out of it and give a good explanation as to why I shouldnt go with it?

`Shady

2. Aug 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*

assuming this is the set up your talking about. it's decent. i know alot of people around here run toytec CO's and like them alot but their are better options out there IMO but if this fits your budget...do it. i know they have great customer service so you'll get exactly what you want from them

3. Aug 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    get the icon kit, cost a few dollars more but its alot better kit

4. Aug 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    I have the toytec coilovers and love them they ride great on the road and I had no problems with them off road. I drive fast on the road take turns quick and there soild.

5. Aug 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Lovin' my ToyTec ULK. Great folks, great products, great lift and ride.

<Vanity plug> Plus, those red CO's really stand out. :D

6. Aug 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    Thats the one. My budget for suspension is anywhere from $1000-$1500. I am all for doing it right the first time on something that is time proven and tested. If you have other suggestions I am all for looking into them. Most the time I will go with the best bang for the buck, but with my truck this time around I will spend whats necessary within reason.

7. Aug 29, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    im gonna agree w/ this guy. Icon is just on top of the game. cost his a bit more than the competitors but their products just dominate.

8. Aug 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    http://www.outlawoffroadstore.com/22243/72/223/0/2006_TOYOTA_TACOMA_4.0_V6_GAS.html

check out the Icon kits. this is the cheapest your gonna find them and beleive me at those prices it's a steal. look at the stage 2 set up and compare w/ the toytec your looking at. for some more dough you can get new UCA's and add some resi's to your front CO's

if you just want to piece your own kit together that works too. that website has Icon CO's for less than $900!!! it's amazing.

9. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    So you are saying the Stage 2 kit would be comparable as far as whats included to the Toytec ULK? Those UCA's are damn expensive so I guess Ill go with one of the better priced ones.

10. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    IMO it's a much, much better kit than toytec. better CO's, resi rear shocks and an add pack not a single leaf for the rear springs. yeah the icon UCAs are very expensive because of their heim joints and they are a solid billet piece not tubing like TC and camburg. the TC and camburg UCAs will work just fine w/ the stage 2 kit and you can save $300-400 or use that $ to upgrade your front CO's to resi. if you do get aftermarket UCAs get the extended travel front CO's.

11. Aug 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    How would you rate the ride quality of the icons. 95% of my driving will be street/highway and 5% offroad at my ranch. I am not new to stiffer suspensions. I drove a autocross built car as a daily driver so I know and can deal with a harsher ride. Are the extended travel a necessity even with upgraded UCA's?

12. Aug 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    Gsquare

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    ^^^ For that percentage of OR driving, you'll be very happy with the ToyTec kit. You'd be happy even if your OR percentage were a LOT higher.

I'd say my OR percentage is about 20% higher than yours, but I'm only doing trails and sand.

The overall ride will be a little stiffer than stock (feels like a truck - Yay!) but the handling will be the same, if not improved.

All comes down to personal preference. You'll be just fine with either of the kits. Jump off!

13. Aug 31, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    The ICON kit is awesome and if I was out all the time I would have gotten that setup but this is my DD and I cant get out like I want to so for now the toytec is great. I wouldnt spend that kind of money If your not gonna be wheeling you truck alot.

14. Sep 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    So the price difference comes down to about $250. For pretty much the same amount of stuff included? Would I be crazy not to just go with the ICONs?

15. Sep 1, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    Gsquare

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:

Totally your call at this point, brah. Is there something else you'd like to do with that $250? Tint? Vinyls? Steps?

16. Sep 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    ^ yeah, just gotta decide if you want to use the other $250 for something else or go balls out w/ the suspension. you would notice a diff between the toytec and icon even if your on the road most the time. the toytec CO is a good coilover but icon is better and for an extra $250 you get a better front CO, better rear shocks and better AAL (if you go w/ the stage 2 set up). your call buddy

17. Sep 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    I'm looking in to the Toytec ULK also, would you mind me asking how much total did you spend?? & Did you install or did you get someone??
    Total for every thing, what I'm I looking at??

18. Sep 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    Gsquare

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    ^^^ PM sent - in case you don't make it back to this thread.

19. Sep 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    Im curious also on how much installation was.

20. Sep 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    nolanspawn

Member:
    Layton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra Crewmax
    I am trying to get it installed before I get home from my deployment (nice present as soon as I get home). If I wasnt impatient I would do it myself after I get back.

Products Discussed in

To Top