Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My lift plan and price...

Old 08-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
My lift plan and price...

I think I have finally decided on which kit I am going to use to lift my Tacoma DC TRD Sport.

1) OME kit as featured on Toytec website for $699
2) Light Racing Upper Control Arms $449
3) Installation price $439 including alignment

I think I am going to go with the Nitto Terra Grappler 265x70x17 and stick with my stock wheels for now. This will cost me $160/tire mounted and balanced.

My overall budget was $2000 but I am a little bit over but I think I will be much happier than if I were to go with the more economical spacer lift such as the Readylift or the Daystar lift.

Any thoughts/comments/further recommendations?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you're gonna go with tires that fit on stock, why not just go with 5100's all around? Much cheaper, and will still give you a small amount of lift.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
good call on avoiding the spacer lifts. your prob gonna want a bigger tire cause your lifting the truck and thats the stock size. you'll regret not going bigger. 285/70/17 will fit.

as for the OME kit. i have heard from alot of people that after a while their coils start to sag and ride quality declines. check these guys out. Best Coilover out there and they are a steal at this price...and w/ your aftermarket UCA's you will be able to get more travel using a CO as opposed to a lift coil.

http://www.outlawoffroadstore.com/22....0_V6_GAS.html

http://www.outlawoffroadstore.com/22....0_V6_GAS.html
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTaco View Post
If you're gonna go with tires that fit on stock, why not just go with 5100's all around? Much cheaper, and will still give you a small amount of lift.
My original plan was to go with the 5100 Bili's and an AAL but I read several people on here that hated the ride afterwards that I started second guessing myself. Seems like the more I research, the more confused I BECOME. My goal is to improve upon the factory ride and give the truck a more aggressive look. I won't be off-roading at all.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
OME makes an awesome set-up. I run them on the truck. The sagging issue the above poster stated was an issue a long time ago. They have since fixed the problem.

I would say that your set-up is great and overall complete. The only thing is I would install them myself. Very easy to do and save yourself the $400. I would go with 285/70 tires. They fill the wheel well nicely, but the 265 are not too bad either.

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
if you want to install it yourself. hit me up. i'll help ya.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
If you're 2WD, I would consider camburg or total chaos lift spindles. Once you consider the cost of aftermarket UCA's (which you don't need with spindles) they are more often than not cheaper. If you're 4x4 then they won't work.

I would look at getting someone with experience to help you install DIY. It is not that difficult, and will save you several hundred dollars.