Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

serious 3" lift question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
serious 3" lift question

okay I've narrowed it down to which lift I'm gonna install.. here they are:

http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...oductId=249893

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

these seem to me to be pretty much the same lift except the OME is 700$ and the pro comp one is 440$

if the pro comp one doesn't come with a diff drop kit should i purchase one from toytec for 30$ ?

the pro comp seems like a really good deal, is anyone running this?

I plan on running these when my tires wear out:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Mo...fPMO9517960312

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....um=87QR7WDTOWL
Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Keep in mind,you get what you pay for.
What type ride are you looking for??...
Are you 4x4??
Old 08-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea I 4x4 but nothing too crazy, just light trails and fields, would I need a spring compressor for the ome setup? I think that's what I'm gonna go with.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the OME set-up. It's a proven performer and I'm sure you will be 100% satisfied with them. Yes, you'll need a spring compressor.

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
my stepdad is thinkin about goin with the ome setup too
Old 08-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
yea I 4x4 but nothing too crazy, just light trails and fields, would I need a spring compressor for the ome setup? I think that's what I'm gonna go with.
Good choice going w/the OME lift.(That would be my vote) Getting a diff drop would be a good idea.This would help w/your CV angles after the install. Don't forget the pics!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
METAL!

thanks for the responses, since i don't have a spring compressor...

what would at fair install price be? and how long should it take someone to do this for hire? I'd be goin to a local shop that's trd certified.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
I was just quoted $430 labor for OME susp and LR UCAs install in southwest Florida. I don't know how this compares to others.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Spring compressor:
Check AutoZone for one. Everyone AutoZone around me rents them out for a fair price, and when you bring them back you get your money back.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
METAL!

Thanks for all the responses, very helpful
Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
I'm running the Pro Comp kit and haven't had any problems so far. Like others have said, you'll need the spring compressor if you do it yourself. I bought my kit locally, so the shop charged $200 install, whereas another shop wanted $400.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
Bryon
Showtime250 is on a distinguished road

Showtime250's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Showtime250
I wouldnt go with the loan a tool program with the spring compressor. I did this also to save a couple bucks. It is very dangerous and time consuming. My buddy removed his and got his done professionally for 20 dollars each. It is way worth it to pay $40 dollars and not have the hassel. Next time I will know better.

Products Discussed in this Thread