I use my 09 TRD Offroad DC Prerunner as a daily driver and I really don't ever go off-roading. I do tow my boat around and put some stuff in the back from time to time but nothing very heavy. What I would like to do is to install a 3" lift and it seems to me that probably the best approach for me is to add 4 5100's. I really like the 17" Moto Metal 951b but I may end up going in another direction.
Here are my questions:
- I see where most people are doing the AAL in addition to the 5100's that but is that necessary? One thing I would like to avoid is a really rough ride (since I haul the wife and little one around all the time) and I'm concerned that adding a leaf will really make the ride rough.
- I see were some have used spacers in addition to the 5100's, why is this done/necessary?
- I like the look of the off road tires that I see on other trucks but I want a tire that will also provide decent tread life along with a quality ride and limited noise. Is there a tire that will look aggressive but not act aggressive?
- I would like to limit the impact on my MPG's if possible since these things don't exactly sip gas now. While I want to not kill my MPG's it's more important to me to get the look I want than the MPG's I want. How much can I expect to reduce my MPG's?
- I live on the south side of Houston (actually close to Galveston). Can anyone suggest a good shop to use?