Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Broken leaf woes...

Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Broken leaf woes...

My truck had a broken leaf on the passenger side when I bought it. Took it to the local 4x4 shop and they said I'd be fine just replacing that one leaf. I asked if I should be worried about damage to the other leafs or the pack on the drivers side, they assured me i was fine and things looked great. Well, a few nights ago, about a month after i took it to the shop, an 8 inch piece of leaf on the driver side broke off during "normal" city driving.

What should I do now? I'm guessing odds are good my entire packs on both sides are screwed... what about my rear shocks? Also damaged? Helper springs/leafs?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Broken leafs are like bad/bald tires replace them in pairs(packs). The non-broken springs end up taking up the slack of the broken ones. I would get new sets and call it done. New shocks wouldn't hurt, but get new leafs before anything.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Are there different types of leaf packs? Like if I want a good mix between hauling/offroading... Is there a certain part number i need to be looking for here? I'm new to suspensions obviously...
Old 09-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if ur gonna be hauling any signifigant weight, dont get the AP ones...stick to alcan/deavers
Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
define significant...
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have a few different leaf pack options.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet is to answer the following questions...

Do you tow anything? Load anything into the truck. If so, how much?

How much off-roading do you do?

If you do a combination of both, your best bet is to stick with Alcans or Deavers. They offer great off-road capabilities whilst maintaining load capacity of the truck...AKA how much weight you can lug around.

If the truck is used mostly off-road. A set of All-pro leaf packs would be perfect. They are fairly priced too.

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
hmm guess I'll have to decide on that. I help people move and would like to be able to haul a load of brick for my father in-law once in awhile... But I also love to wheel of course hehe... decisions decisions... Also, a guy I work with say my helper springs have been bent, do those come with the packs?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like ome dakars might work for you. I think they are 2.75" of lift and can flex and hold a good amount of weight. This might be the ticket for you.