Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help with lift options!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
MWilliamson will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 1st. Lt.; Medically Retired
MWilliamson's Tacoma Gallery
Help with lift options!

I've been reading the forums and doing the searching and I think i've narrowed it down. I just want to make sure I got everything straight. BTW, I drive an 09 DC SR5 Prerunner 2WD. I'm upgrading to TRD O/R wheels for the time being.

Option 1- Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit. From what I've read, this lift will basically require new UCAs so the truck can be aligned and possibly brake lines for the rear. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Option 2- Lift spindles. Since I'll be running stock wheels, i'll need 1/4 inch spacers to clear the spindle correct? What about brake lines. What would be the best way to lift the rear to match the height of the front?

Thanks guys. I've gotten a little overwhelmed!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Toytec ULK with stock UCA's and brake lines with no problems. Steering wheel is straight, no vibration, no pulling, no noise.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 3" spacer up front with a rear AAL and i'm running stock UCAs. I need to get after market UCAs because my tires won't camber out correctly. Other than that everything is great! My suspension is a lil stiffer but thats to be expected...But i think the spindle lift would be sick!!! Camburg makes a nice 4" Spindle lift that looks amazing!! Thats what i'm gonna upgrade to next
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
I thought about a spacer lift. I really won't be doing any off roading, just want the look. I still want a good ride though.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilliamson View Post
I thought about a spacer lift. I really won't be doing any off roading, just want the look. I still want a good ride though.
Well goto http://www.fatbobsgarage.com and browse through their spacer lifts. I got my true 3" lift for under $150 out the door My ride is fine, its not all bumpy and annoying or anything like that. If you do get the spacer lift, don't get the diff. drop since your not a 4x4 and that'll save ya some loot!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I've got a 3" spacer up front with a rear AAL and i'm running stock UCAs. I need to get after market UCAs because my tires won't camber out correctly. Other than that everything is great! My suspension is a lil stiffer but thats to be expected...But i think the spindle lift would be sick!!! Camburg makes a nice 4" Spindle lift that looks amazing!! Thats what i'm gonna upgrade to next
did you get the setup that bolts on top of the stock strut assembly so you don't have to compress/remove the coils?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dude, how the hell did you get medically retired as a 1st LT? did the AF give you cancer or something?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
tore every tissue and ligament in both knees. Pretty much can't do anything that I used to except walk, and I'm lucky to get a straight line!. Definitely couldn't stay in the military, medical board retired, VA benefits/care for life.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude, how did you do that? i got MEB back in January w/ 20% for a shoulder injury i got while a combat dive school. AF said i could get surgery and maybe stay in to do a desk job or take the MEB. no way was i gonna be a triple stack desk job.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
Can't recommend the OME kit that Toytec sells enough!

Many guys don't run aftermarket UCA...including myself. Haven't had any issues. With the Toytec coilover kit though, I can see it rubbing.

Is it really necessary you get coilovers? If not the OME set-up is awesome and will be more than sufficient for you. Cheaper too!

Kind Regards,
Ryan
Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
It's not neccessary to get CO, was just gonna get them for a faster/easier installation!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
r12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant futurer12rex has a brilliant future
r12rex's Tacoma Gallery
The installation may be easier, but it's a royal pain in the arse to adjust them. I have them on my Track Subie. Turning those damn perches and getting them to the height you want sucks.

It's probably easier to set it and forget it. Plus Coilovers need servicing every couple of years. With the OMEs you won't have to do anything to them.

Kind Regards,
Ryan