Ok so I have burnt out my eyes reading the endless amount of information on here and I think I have a good plan...but still need some help.
To begin with, here's a little back ground info. I have an 08 DC Rugged Trail. I'm currently stationed in the Sierra Nevada mountains. There are more trails around here than I can count. But I am originally from Nebraska and I have no idea where I am going to end up living when ever I decide to settle down. So to make that long story short, I need a kit that I will be able to take into many different environments without problems. With that being said, here is my plan:
1. Icon Stage 2 Suspension System
3. Tires - Looking at ProComp All Terrains 285/75/16 on my stock baja wheels.
Here are my questions:
1. I've read that the Icon kit is a very good product, but I can't decide which UCA is best for it/me. I don't want to get a cheap product and pay for it later if that makes sense. Will the Light Racing UCA's be sufficient for this application or do I need a Camburg or TC model? Or should I go with the Stage 3 Suspension kit that includes the UCAs?
2. I called Les Schwab and they said they could mount and balance the tires on my wheels. The tires state that a 7.5 to 9 inch rim range is needed. Looking at the thread with wheel dimensions, I have a 7 inch wide wheel. Les Schwab said that they could still do it but it will make the life of the tire decrease. Is it true that I can run this set up SAFELY and with little problems?
3. The Icon kit states that recommended tire size 285/75R16, wheel 16X8 with 5" back spacing. My wheel is 16x7 and I have no idea what the backspacing is. Does anyone know what it is or how I can find it? Also if it doesn't have 5" back spacing, what's my next step?
I know that my last two questions could be solved with purchasing new wheels, but I'd like to keep my Baja wheels. Also, my budget is a quality product if that makes sense (quality based on performance, not on name). Thanks for any help!