1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on this set up............

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by NumbNutts, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    NumbNutts

NumbNutts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4X4 Silver Streak
    5100's all 4 corners, Front ToyTec adjustable Coils set at 2", Rear TSB, FJ gun metal wheels, BFG A/T 265/75-16D, custom Sock SR5 decals, Weather Tech floor mats, AFE Pro Dry S, Wet Okole seat covers black and charcaol, Color matched grill
    Fairly new to the forums so go easy on me and yes I have been using the search function for the past 2-3 weeks. I just had the TSB done and the rear sits about 3 inches higher than the front but I know it will settle about an inch so to level out the front I ordered up some 5100's. My question is should I use stock springs or should I just by the ToyTec adjustable coil kit for the 5100's. Not looking to go a full 3 inch lift just say something like a 1.75-2 inch lift. Will the ToyTec coils give me a much better ride? Thanks for the advise. LATER!

2. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    They will give you a better ride. But I think you should try out 5100's with stock springs first to see how it rides. Alot of people like the ride with just the 5100's.

But if the ride is too harsh for ya, you could always get the new springs. :)

3. Sep 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    NumbNutts

NumbNutts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4X4 Silver Streak
    5100's all 4 corners, Front ToyTec adjustable Coils set at 2", Rear TSB, FJ gun metal wheels, BFG A/T 265/75-16D, custom Sock SR5 decals, Weather Tech floor mats, AFE Pro Dry S, Wet Okole seat covers black and charcaol, Color matched grill
    Yeah I thought about giving both a try but since I will not be installing these myself I only want to have to pay once for the install. I am nursing a level 3 AC separation in my shoulder an will more than likely have surgery so doing the work myself isn't an option at this point.

4. Sep 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    ok. well then in that case.. I would just go with the Toytec coilovers, and just adjust them to the hight you want. They have a great ride, everyone loves them! Including me.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top