1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension Lift w/ VSC & TRAC

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ericbjjblue, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jan 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    ericbjjblue

ericbjjblue [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White, Double Cab, Short Bed, TRD Off-Road, 4X4
    Tow Package, Daytime Running Lights, Vehicle Stability Control w/ TRAC, Curtain Side Airbags, TRD Supercharger, Alpine Stereo, Roof Rack
    Fellas,

I am thinking about installing the Donahoe Racing coilovers w/ a set of Deaver 10 pack springs and Bilstein 5100's on my 08 tacoma. I heard somebody say that tacomas with VSC & TRAC, which I have, won't work with certain suspension lifts. Fabtech claims that they have addressed this issue with their 6" lift but I don't want to drop that much cash, nor do I need that much lift. Has anybody with VSC/TRAC installed the hoes and deaver springs? Does anyone else have any more information on this subject. I appreciate any and all response's.

Thanks

2. Jan 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    how much are u looking to lift the front w/ the hoes and the 5100's? u can get 2.5" of lift off of just the 5100's w/o changing the springs. and usually the coilovers come w/ shocks in there to cover the 3" springs, right?

3. Jan 11, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    ericbjjblue

ericbjjblue [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White, Double Cab, Short Bed, TRD Off-Road, 4X4
    Tow Package, Daytime Running Lights, Vehicle Stability Control w/ TRAC, Curtain Side Airbags, TRD Supercharger, Alpine Stereo, Roof Rack
    I want 2.5" up front which I can get with the Donahoe Coilovers and that will take care of the front. I want 2.5" in the back as well and was planning on replacing the stock bilsteins with the 5100's and swaping out the stock leaf springs for the Deaver 10 pack. If I don't need to replace the leaf springs to get my 2.5" then I would probably wait on that for a while. Got any ideas of how the ride would be affected in rear? Would the factory leafs be able to handle the additional lift? Thanks for the help.

4. Jan 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    well what other way would u try to get the 2.5" out of the rear w/ the stock springs? if u dont have the 4 pack in the rear now, u can get it done under the tsb and that'll give u about 1-1.25" in the rear w/o having to do anything

Products Discussed in

To Top