Notices

HELP!! on /RCD lift

Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
HELP!! on /RCD lift

i am in the process of installing my new RCD lift and am having major rubbing issues between the front tire and the steering knuckle....i have checkeg all the part numbers and instructions over and it is installed correctly, but it says it has a max of 4.5 backspacing and i am running factory offroad wheels with 265/75/r16 BFG MT....my only thought is that my wheels dont allow eough back spacing any advise would be very helpfull
Old 09-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
yea you need a wheel spacer or new wheels
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
ok that is wut i thought but it says in big bold letters DO NOT USE WHEEL SPACERS WITH THIS LIFT
sould i pay attention to this or will it be fine

sorry kinnda new to the whole lift thing never owned or installed a lift before
Old 09-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
new wheels are ur best option
Old 09-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota_hic View Post
i am in the process of installing my new RCD lift and am having major rubbing issues between the front tire and the steering knuckle....i have checkeg all the part numbers and instructions over and it is installed correctly, but it says it has a max of 4.5 backspacing and i am running factory offroad wheels with 265/75/r16 BFG MT....my only thought is that my wheels dont allow eough back spacing any advise would be very helpfull
I have the RCD lift too. However I paid a shop to have it installed so i can't explain technical stuff from experience. I am using aftermarket wheels and tires (285 70 17s) and don't have any issues. i'll take a look at my steering knuckles. Also get alignment done if you have not already
Old 09-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yep just get a set of cheap wheels i think i would have gone with a 6inch lift and not that rcd lift
Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
yep just get a set of cheap wheels i think i would have gone with a 6inch lift and not that rcd lift
I went with the RCD because I didn't want to run 35" tires. With 33's the 6" looks a little funny i think, there's too much wheel well visible. The RCD rides smooth as shit too so no regrets in that department. You can only go so high with a mid size truck. Next project: F350 diesel
Old 09-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
THE RED DRAGON!!

ha well ill be ridding smooth when i get my long travel kit and sell my pro comp kit
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I have the RCD lift too. However I paid a shop to have it installed so i can't explain technical stuff from experience. I am using aftermarket wheels and tires (285 70 17s) and don't have any issues. i'll take a look at my steering knuckles. Also get alignment done if you have not already
ok thanks