Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Where is a DIY for UCA's

Old 09-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Where is a DIY for UCA's

I've been searching 3 Tacoma sites for a couple hours, as well as reading on coilovers and other stuff but can't find a DIY on installing UCA's. The link in the suspension sticky takes you to Toyota Nation with no DIY.

I more or less know how it goes, since there is only a whopping two nuts, one long ass bolt and the ball joint gizmo thingy with the threads on it I guess to remove. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how the hell you're suppose to remove that 12" long'ish bolt when the sheet metal is in the way. If aftermarket arms come with new long bolts (99.9% sure they don't), I suppose you could hack the old ones off but how the hell would you put the new long bolts back in? I've read somewhere you need to bend the sheet metal out of the way. I find it hard to believe that's how they were installed at the factory LOL. I'm guessing they were installed, then the body was lowered/attached to the frame at the factory.

Anyway if somebody can link me to a DIY that'd be helpfull.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed new Tc ucas on my truck. Other then accidently stripping a g@d da@m mother f@cking nut, it was pretty easy lol. Bending the inner fender was super easy, that really took no time. I just bent it a little, tried to push the bolt trough, then bent a bit more and the bolt slide out. If I had to pick the 'hardest' part, it would be the ball joint bolt. I would save yourself some time and frustration and get a small pitman arm puller, I bought one for $20 and then returned it lol. On the passenger side, I banged and banged on that bolt and it wouldn't come out. 2 minutes with the puller and it was out. Good luck