Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift kits that won't void your warranty??

Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
jdv1320 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jdv1320's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kits that won't void your warranty??

I hate to ask a noob question cuz i know how annoying it can be. I just sold my srt4 and am in the market for a new tacoma. I was just wondering if there are any lift kits that won't void toyota's warranty?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
jdv1320 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jdv1320's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, that's a lot of info. Someone told me that there's a 4" trd kit or something but i looked and couldnt find any such thing.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i think if you get the dealer to install it you will be covered.if not your fukd. dealers suck. they would rather rape you than take care of you for free.
edit: my friend had his dealer install a 4" trailmaster lift on his 01 dodge ram with zero mile. trans blew up at 1,500 miles( not 15,000) and they would not cover the trans cuz the lift and big tires. get all warranty shit in writing if you go dealer installed route
Old 09-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv1320 View Post
Thanks man, that's a lot of info. Someone told me that there's a 4" trd kit or something but i looked and couldnt find any such thing.
No problem!

I haven't heard of a TRD kit either...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There is not such thing as a TRD lift kit.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i asked my dealer about doing a lift that won't void the warranty (my 08 is my first new vehicle) and they gave me the name of a local shop that they have do some of their trucks- i was already familiar with the shop and it's a joke, and the dealer also said that front spacers and blocks in the rear end are the best way to lift so i talked to another guy and he said if it was less than 3" (so not to stress out the stock stuff too much) he would cover me on warranty.

i would prob try to talk to the dealership and see what they say- there are a ton of lifted trucks out here (see my location ) in phoenix so most people i've talked to say a lift and warranty isn't an issue
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
What I was told by my stealership was that the lift would not void the warranty unless they could prove that the lift and/or tires CAUSED the part to break. So if you put a huge 8" lift on and run 37s and your axel snaps because of it they wont cover that under warranty. Hope that helps.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it's called the Magnusson-Moss act.