Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2.5" Front Spacer Lift w/rear AALs?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Question 2.5" Front Spacer Lift w/rear AALs?

First of If there is a post like this already I missed it.... but did anybody install the toytec 2.5" Front Spacer Lift w/rear AALs on their taco.. I am thinking of putting this kit on my taco over Winter Break Fron College and was wondering if anybody disliked the kit or had any other troubles! Also pics of the kit would be awesome!
---> Greg
Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
huntertodd is on a distinguished road
Name: HunterTodd
huntertodd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
First of If there is a post like this already I missed it.... but did anybody install the toytec 2.5" Front Spacer Lift w/rear AALs on their taco.. I am thinking of putting this kit on my taco over Winter Break Fron College and was wondering if anybody disliked the kit or had any other troubles! Also pics of the kit would be awesome!
---> Greg

i put the 1" leveling kit on my 98 but the spacers did not come with any bolts and when installed the one inch higher caused the facorty bolts to be 2 short but other than that the truck feels stock and looks great just got to find someone to put them on without charging a arm and a leg...
Old 09-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntertodd View Post
i put the 1" leveling kit on my 98 but the spacers did not come with any bolts and when installed the one inch higher caused the facorty bolts to be 2 short but other than that the truck feels stock and looks great just got to find someone to put them on without charging a arm and a leg...
I can put them on myself no problem at all... It did seem like the hardwear was not included.... any better company to get a spacer and AAL??
Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
spacer lift = FAIL
Bad experience???? I don't really have money for a coil over or good suspension kit...
Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
personaly no, but alot of my friends have had them and dont like them at all, and from what i have seen 90% of the people on here go against them.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
---> Greg
dont do it. save your $ and get something better
Old 09-12-2009, 05:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
dont do it. save your $ and get something better
I don't really want to go any higher or get big wheels and tires till i get out of school and get a trd w/ the 4.0....
Old 09-12-2009, 05:57 AM   #9
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the Rough Country lift. It is ~$250 +/- and it is a great kit. I put it on my 09 and love it. Very little change in ride quality if any. Easy to install, everything comes with it. Took me about 4 hours using hand tools and my driveway.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossi View Post
Look at the Rough Country lift. It is ~$250 +/- and it is a great kit. I put it on my 09 and love it. Very little change in ride quality if any. Easy to install, everything comes with it. Took me about 4 hours using hand tools and my driveway.
I will look at it... Got a link to the exact lift?? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Greg, Check ebay for good deals on lift kits. Rear add-a-leafs at ebay auction#s 250108841648 OR COMPLETE KITS at auction # 130169104491 Front kits at ebay auction#s 140344487882 or 360163589438 I used a 2-1/2" aluminum spacer kit and add-a-leafs for about 2 years before up-grading to Old Man Emu front struts with OME886 Springs and rear OME/Dakkar leaf springs which lifted my truck about 3". Got the OLD MAN EMU stuff from www.trdparts4u.com (Good prices/no tax)
Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Greg, Check ebay for good deals on lift kits. Rear add-a-leafs at ebay auction#s 250108841648 OR COMPLETE KITS at auction # 130169104491 Front kits at ebay auction#s 140344487882 or 360163589438 I used a 2-1/2" aluminum spacer kit and add-a-leafs for about 2 years before up-grading to Old Man Emu front struts with OME886 Springs and rear OME/Dakkar leaf springs which lifted my truck about 3". Got the OLD MAN EMU stuff from www.trdparts4u.com (Good prices/no tax)
Cool thanks for all the info man!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #13
TacoTacoTaco
Cossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shedCossi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cossi's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...toyota4wd3.htm

That is the exact kit I bought. The spacers go on top of the strut instead of on top of the spring, so you lose less ride quality.

I love this thing.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossi View Post
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...toyota4wd3.htm

That is the exact kit I bought. The spacers go on top of the strut instead of on top of the spring, so you lose less ride quality.

I love this thing.
I looked at that kit. still leaning more towards the 2.5" spacer and AAL
Old 09-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #15
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Well either way you're looking at about the same amount of money. (for the spacer lifts, that is)

The toytec doesn't have all the parts included so you would need longer bolts.

The rough country doesn't come with AAL's, but you don't really need them anyways with this kit. That kit is pretty much done for what you're looking for. They're both the same price basically and you probably won't be towing much or doing a whole heck of alot of wheelin, so it doesn't really matter which one you go for. It just seems like the rough country would be the easier way.

I was gonna go this route too when i was initially looking at lifts. I was in a tight money sitch and couldn't spend the money for a suspension lift.

BUT... I took my time, researched and talked to a bunch of guys on here and around my area(Toku58's awesome and will give you any info you ask for. He's a god when it comes to this stuff. Along with Chris4x4) and decided to save my money and not be so quick to jump at a lift.

If you're looking for long term, you want to go suspension. Think about it. You're most likely gonna eventually switch to a suspension lift anyways. Not only due to the wheelin part of it, but also because the ride quality is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

So, if you just save up some more and look around for what you REALLY want, rather than a quick fix, i guarantee you'll be MUCH more satisfied.

Your choice though, just tryin to help a brotha out.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

at least check out the bilstein 5100 shocks. you can adjust them to give you 2.5 inch lift. better application than a spacer. the rear shocks provide no lift but you can run them w/ an AAL if you wanted to.

here they are... http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
Old 09-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
at least check out the bilstein 5100 shocks. you can adjust them to give you 2.5 inch lift. better application than a spacer. the rear shocks provide no lift but you can run them w/ an AAL if you wanted to.

here they are... http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
If I was in your situation, I wouldn't consider anything except the Bilstiens. They are a great way to get a lift for an affordable amount. And also a whole lot better than a spacer lift!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
Rollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the roughRollinn is a jewel in the rough
Rollinn's Tacoma Gallery
well as a spacer lift is an econommy way of going about it, there is absolutely NO problem w/ doing it.. I personally would only do the top spacer lift.. ez lift suspension has good quality solid billet ones.. There will be no change in ride quality as there is no preload on the coil from being a top spacer.. you will limit your upper control arm travel a bit, but if you are not doing anything to hardcore than your fine until you can afford something better.. I have built many trucks in the past-i know..

Quote:
I don't really want to go any higher or get big wheels and tires till i get out of school and get a trd w/ the 4.0....
Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s can be had from downsouthmotorsports.com for $282 shipped
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
The 5100s can be had from downsouthmotorsports.com for $282 shipped
is that for all 4 or just the front struts? if all 4 thats a hell of a deal, but if only the front 2 then thats kinda bunk.