Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift kit needed

Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Question 3" lift kit needed

I intend to buy a 3" lift kit realy fast for my 4X4 tacoma. I am realy confused. Wich brand should i go with? I wanna do some off roading once in a while.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I intend to buy a 3" lift kit realy fast for my 4X4 tacoma. I am realy confused. Wich brand should i go with? I wanna do some off roading once in a while.
There are a number of post on this and other forums to help you decide. Your question is way too general for someone to say you should go with brand x.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
And I dont know what your budget is, But I would check out ToytecLifts.com
There Ultimate lift kit is a great kit, for a awsome price. Everyone here loves there coilovers. If you dont do a alot of offroading, only every now and then. Then they are perfect!
Heres a link! http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Its just a suggestion^^^
There are many other brands and styles out there!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
There are a number of post on this and other forums to help you decide. Your question is way too general for someone to say you should go with brand x.

I just need some ideas
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just need some ideas
Here are a couple of sites that you can check out to give you an idea of what's out there along with some general pricing.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
I don't have to much money right now and i was lucking at
BEST SELLER! 3" Lift w/front spacers from TOYTEC & 3" Suspension Lift Kit from TUFF Coutry do you thinck is good for serios off roading?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't have to much money right now and i was lucking at
BEST SELLER! 3" Lift w/front spacers from TOYTEC & 3" Suspension Lift Kit from TUFF Coutry do you thinck is good for serios off roading?
No! stay away from spacer lifts. Is the OME lift in your budget? Its the one from toytec. Thats a nice complete lift.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
I thinck i can affourd OME, but do you thinck that will give me 3"? Cause in the add is saying to (Add top plate spacers for a full 3")
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I thinck i can affourd OME, but do you thinck that will give me 3"? Cause in the add is saying to (Add top plate spacers for a full 3")
Yes it should. I dont remember if the top plates come with it or not. But if you add an offroad bumper and/or winch you want to get the 886 coils instead of the 885's given you have a doublecab.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
I do have the arb bumper and i'm about to instal the winch, so if i buy the OME i will go with the 886 coils. Anybody else knows if i can buy any good lift kits beside OME with (around) 500$ ?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #12

Quote:
I do have the arb bumper and i'm about to instal the winch, so if i buy the OME i will go with the 886 coils. Anybody else knows if i can buy any good lift kits beside OME with (around) 500$ ?
A cheap good way is to buy the adjustable front bilstein shocks and set them at 2.5" of lift. These go with your stock coils. Then you can buy the rear ones as well and still have money left over. Just another suggestion. Lots of members here do this.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #13
Will the Bilstein 5100-Racing Series would do the job? If YES, do i need to buy something else?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Will the Bilstein 5100-Racing Series would do the job? If YES, do i need to buy something else?
Im not sure if they are calles racing series. but go to downsouth motorsports website and contact sonny and tell him your a member here. Great communication, best price, fast shipping.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
thanks jdkeller! If anybody got any outher ideas please be free to shoot
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Im not sure if they are calles racing series. but go to downsouth motorsports website and contact sonny and tell him your a member here. Great communication, best price, fast shipping.

I talk with the guys from downsouth motorsports and for Bilstein 5100 you don't need anything else just the socks, but they recomend the for the rear to AAL. Is the cheapst way beater than the spacers .
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #17

Quote:
I talk with the guys from downsouth motorsports and for Bilstein 5100 you don't need anything else just the socks, but they recomend the for the rear to AAL. Is the cheapst way beater than the spacers .
Depends on what setting you set the front shocks at.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
gett the aal if you are going the full 2.5" on the 5100's
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
I bought the OME lift kit from toytec, but if somebody else read this I recommend to take also a look at SKYJACKER.