Notices

Going from 3' to 6'

Old 09-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Big Member
FLATaco06 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
FLATaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Going from 3' to 6'

Hello all. I currently have a 3inch Toytec Kit, which utilizes the spacer and 1.5inch rear lift block. I am wanting to go to a 6 inch lift. I have looked into Procomp and Fabtech, which is the better option in your opinion? I have heard that the Procomp kits have problems with steering and/or alignment issues, any thoughts? I also have heard that I'll have to replace my 16x10's if I goto the 6 inch lift, is that true? I've looked around at a few prices, but what would be a good price for the Fabtech basic system? Performance? Any help is appreciated. I love all the info I get on this website, and sometimes If I didnt have such a busy schedule I could easily sit here for hours before I realized it perusing all the helpful info the members put up. Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
MyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud ofMyoTacoma has much to be proud of

MyoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow read the title and was thinking 3 feet to 6 feet!?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to a 6" lift, you will have to replace the wheels, or run a 1.25" wheel spacer. Personally, the RCD lift is the better of the 6" lifts.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATaco06 View Post
havent heard anything about RCD. What does that lift entail? Price?
here
Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATaco06 View Post
Where can I get a quality wheel spacer needed to run my 16x10 Helo's? I don't really want to get new wheels just yet, unless the wheel spacer is going to cause problems.
Are you gonna make me google that for you too?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
Big Member
FLATaco06 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
FLATaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry Chris! I have to goto work at 4pm and Im really just burning time. I can get on google and find a wheel spacer, I was kind of wanting an opinion on going that route as opposed to just getting the bigger wheels.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i would get a pro comp i beat the hell out of my lift and never had anything bad to say about it but im going long travel soon wanta buy a used 6inch lift ha
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I Know a guy whos gotta 6" ProComp lift and he's very pleased w/ it. 35's look sic!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea rcd is only a 4.5 and you can only have 33"s
Old 09-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
THE RED DRAGON!!

no but my neck hurts from look down at stock tacoma's
Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
I mean he says he wants a full 6" of lift, so the RCD lift won't work because that only goes to 4.5" right?
Icon is working on coils for the RCD lift. You could turn the coils up 1.5" and get your 6" of lift that way.

I would be tempted to go with the RCD lift if I could keep my 16" wheels and tires, without using wheels spacers which some manufactures don't recommend in the first place.

I know I will never be able to do a drop down bracket lift for too many reasons. So I'm just gonna stick to 32's and keep it on the low side of lift and have it perform great offroad instead (coilovers coming soon). When I first got my truck I wanted to lift it as much as I could via the suspension, then thought about a 1.0-1.5 body lift etc then I've decided I want it to perform offroad and be realaible and not jeopordize my warranty.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
rcd is a big waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your paying the same price and it is the same amount of work to install as a 6" kit. why bother?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
rcd is a big waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your paying the same price and it is the same amount of work to install as a 6" kit. why bother?
I agree. If it was cheaper or at least the same price and not 600 bucks more I could see it.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
b168 is on a distinguished road
b168's Tacoma Gallery

im using procomp 6" with 17x9 on 35's
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #20
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all for a functional lift , but 6" ? ,then you want to stick some 35"'s under it ? How much off roading do you do ? Toys are fairly narrow have you thought about what your doing to the center of gravity with this much over all lift ? I think you might find that places you used to offroad (especially off cambered inclines) quickly & with confidence you'll now have a feeling that it's gonna turn over & quite possibly will . This is just my opinion, I'd just hate to see you turn what sounds like a good lifted truck you have now into one of those bad ass looking "street 4x's" that are great till they hit the dirt only to find it's almost useless. My 4x is stock , the only lift I'm planning is 2" - 3" for the front as the rear seems to have plenty of clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Going from 3' to 6'-web-dsc00282.jpg