LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Money aside, what set-up would you go with?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Drock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to all
Name: Derek
Drock42's Tacoma Gallery
Money aside, what set-up would you go with?

I was just curious what set-up would be the best if money wasn't factored into the equation. I've done ALOT of reading up on suspension set-ups and I see quite a few people saying Billys are a good cheap way to go. Or some of the more popular lift kits (OME or Toytec) are where it's at. I've been toying with the idea between the two kits, but after some more research, it seems the Fox set up is superior, albeit pricey. I just sold my Silverado, so I have a chance to do this right. So let's hear it, what would you get if money weren't a factor?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can never go wrong with the toytec ultimate lift kit. Its what im savin up for
Old 09-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
money no object fox or king
money object OME
Spent last xmas in Albuquerque, NM nice people in that city
Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
spindles
Fox 2.5 coilovers set at 0"
3" leaf pack (haven't done much research on brands)
Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
spindles
Fox 2.5 coilovers set at 0"
3" leaf pack (haven't done much research on brands)
For the leaf packs, I've heard Alcan has a good product.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I hear deavers come up a lot.
Yeah, me too. I think Deavers is a good pack too.

Although a couple people I've talked to say they squeak too much.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Fox, King, SAW, and ICON are four popular shock setups for our trucks... but IMO they are made for people who are planning to off road their trucks... a lot. They are rebuildable and require maintenance or rebuilds every 1-3 years. When you send your shocks in for a rebuild, you will be without your truck during that time frame or you will have to put a temporary shock in while your 'higher end' shock is being rebuilt.

For someone who drives 90% on pavement these shocks don't offer any added benefit over OME or Toytec (Bilstein), which are maintenance free shocks.

Just something to think about when you make your decision.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec ULK
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i'd go with the All Pro Long Travel kit if money were no object..

12" of total travel with 4wheel drive, heavy duty steering, all heim joints and uni-ball, spindle gussets..the works!

you can..blast through the desert on Saturday as fast as you can handle, play on the rocks and accomplish technical trails on Sunday with the All Pro LT kit. a great all around and versatile kit.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i'd go with the All Pro Long Travel kit if money were no object..

12" of total travel with 4wheel drive, heavy duty steering, all heim joints and uni-ball, spindle gussets..the works!

you can..blast through the desert on Saturday as fast as you can handle, play on the rocks and accomplish technical trails on Sunday with the All Pro LT kit. a great all around and versatile kit.
Damn dude...you should be a spokes person for em! Now I want one
Old 09-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Damn dude...you should be a spokes person for em! Now I want one
dang, that really sounded like a commercial..bah, too many monsters in me today haha..won't happen again haha. loading my junk up right now for a run tomorrow and of course..drinking yet another Monster as well lol...
Old 09-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Drock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to allDrock42 is a name known to all
Drock42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
Fox, King, SAW, and ICON are four popular shock setups for our trucks... but IMO they are made for people who are planning to off road their trucks... a lot. They are rebuildable and require maintenance or rebuilds every 1-3 years. When you send your shocks in for a rebuild, you will be without your truck during that time frame or you will have to put a temporary shock in while your 'higher end' shock is being rebuilt.

For someone who drives 90% on pavement these shocks don't offer any added benefit over OME or Toytec (Bilstein), which are maintenance free shocks.

Just something to think about when you make your decision.
I appreciate you keeping me on the right track. I was just wanting to see what other options were out there before I made any decisions. It seems alot of people's budgets limit them to certain set-ups and since I'm fortunate enough to not have that be a factor, I wanted to see what all was out there. Even though the truck won't get alot of hardcore off-road usage, I'd still like to get the best suspension for both worlds. We just moved to the area, so I may end up finding some fun places to play and I'd like to have what I need from the start. Plus we got a VW GTI to handle most of the daily grind stuff anyway.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #15
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
either toytec ultimate with 3inch leaf pack or rcd 4.5 inch
Old 09-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
The question is too hard to answer. If money is no object lifts would be a 3" lift or 6" lift or long travel. All depneds on how high you wanna go and or what kind of ride quality you want.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
Drock42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
The question is too hard to answer. If money is no object lifts would be a 3" lift or 6" lift or long travel. All depneds on how high you wanna go and or what kind of ride quality you want.
No higher than 3" since I don't want to void my warranty. And I'm looking for the best ride quality possible. I also want to acheive a lift that keeps the raked parameters. I kinda like it.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock42 View Post
No higher than 3" since I don't want to void my warranty. And I'm looking for the best ride quality possible. I also want to acheive a lift that keeps the raked parameters. I kinda like it.
Where does it say that anything above 3'' voids the warranty?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #19
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I say get Some fox coilovers, total choas uca's, and for the rear.....fox shocks with a leaf pack. I have the 3" All Pro leaf packs and love them. Then stuff a 33" tire and your set! With the fox's you will be able to adjust the ride you want by the knob. I think this whole setup would run you about $2500.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
Drock42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Where does it say that anything above 3'' voids the warranty?
I was told by the salesman where I bought my truck that I could go up to a 3" lift, 20" rim and 33" tire and be good. Outside of that would void my warranty. I'm not sure if this varies from dealer to dealer, but that's what mine allows. Of course, I'm not going that big on the rim, but I am gonna step up to 18s with a 285/65 tire.