Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spindles?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
spindles?

what other suspension components do i need if i run spindles?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
right now im just running the basic toyota shocks, but there is a guy who wants to sell his shocks off his 2009 trd for 200. would yall upgrade to these??? and do a aal in the rear with 5100's?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_man View Post
right now im just running the basic toyota shocks, but there is a guy who wants to sell his shocks off his 2009 trd for 200. would yall upgrade to these??? and do a aal in the rear with 5100's?
Dont buy those. If you want to get some decent cheap shocks get the bilstein 5100's. You can get those all around if you would like. Just a single aal still might not be enough. How do you want it to sit? Like stock just higher? Front higher? Level?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
id like it to sit level. and how much harder is this to install compared to a normal lift
Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are they the ones that came on the truck, are or they the Bilstein 5100's?

If they came off the truck from the factory, then no, I wouldn't upgrade. I'd get some Bilstein 5100's. For the AAL, I'd just go ahead and get a 3'' leaf pack from somewhere like All Pro or Alcan. With just the AAL back there, it'll be leaning like you have 10 bags of sand back in the bed.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
id like it to sit level. and how much harder is this to install compared to a normal lift
Im not sure. I plan on getting some in the way future. If I remember some are bolt on and some weld on. You will need longer brake lines but the spindles should come with them. Total chaos makes 3.5" spindles but they are like $1350 and Camburg makes 4" and are about$1050
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
with the 3 inch leaf pack am i going to have to worry bout sagging?? i put a lift on my friends 04 tacoma and a year later his rear is a lot lower compred to where we had it...
Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #11

Quote:
with the 3 inch leaf pack am i going to have to worry bout sagging?? i put a lift on my friends 04 tacoma and a year later his rear is a lot lower compred to where we had it...
Depends on what you get. Some come scagged or something like that to prevent sagging. I bought mine used and it gave me 3". You shouldnt have to worry.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
wait okay. i go confused. i thought yall were talking about blocks in the rear. not a leaf pack. so what if i did a aal and block in the rear with the 5100s. would that level?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
That would, but it'll ride worse and you run the risk of axlewrap, which you definitely don't want. Blocks don't flex nearly as good either. I'd stay far away from them.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
how does it cause axle swap?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #15

Quote:
how does it cause axle swap?
I cant explain it but aal and leaf packs are way better to lift the rear. And if you offroad you dont want blocks. But you can always try it and see if you like it. Get like a 2" aal and a 1" block. Then if you dont like it switch.