Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Changing out front spacers for OMEs or 5100s, more info needed!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Changing out front spacers for OMEs or 5100s, more info needed!

So I think I've read enough posts to make my head spin, any additional information that you all can provide would be quite useful!

I've had 2.5" spacers in the front of my truck for about 30k miles, and I'm finally looking at puting in some new UCAs to correct my alignment issues. It doesn't seem that the alignment is terribly off, but I finally have the means to fix it the right way and see how the truck is supposed to drive.

I'm looking at a couple of different options, not sure which way to turn. I was considering grabbing the 5100s and some OME 885 coils, but I'm curious if it would be a big improvement to go with the OME N140s shocks with the 885 coils. I also saw that some went with Eibach coils, not sure which way to go... any input? I know downsouth has a good price on the 5100s. Who has good pricing on the OME or Eibach parts?

I'm not a hardcore offroader; I might hit the moutain roads 15% of my overall driving. That being said, I am pretty stoked on the Camburg Ball-Joint UCAs for $379, since I don't feel the need to have more articulation. Basically, since I'm going to have the front end pulled apart, I figure I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Are there any comparable options that I'm unaware of?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
With the OME shocks, you can add a shim to account for the driver side lean. The 5100's can be adjusted via a small spacer on the top plate, or you can get the 5100's with the threaded collars. Personally, I think the OME shocks are a little bit softer than the 5100's. Not a good or bad thing, just an observation.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
With the OME shocks, you can add a shim to account for the driver side lean. The 5100's can be adjusted via a small spacer on the top plate, or you can get the 5100's with the threaded collars. Personally, I think the OME shocks are a little bit softer than the 5100's. Not a good or bad thing, just an observation.
x2. I had the OME shocks and coils and loved the ride. But I dont like the rear OME shocks. Too soft.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like the 5100/OME 885s will be about $130 less than the N140s/885s, unless I'm missing something somehwere.

I have read that the 5100s/885s should give 2.5" of lift with the 5100s at the lowest position, is this correct? Will the 885s sag over time? I currently have the stock 16s, spidertrax spacers, and 285s, so I'd hate to see it sag and rub more...
Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
It looks like the 5100/OME 885s will be about $130 less than the N140s/885s, unless I'm missing something somehwere.

I have read that the 5100s/885s should give 2.5" of lift with the 5100s at the lowest position, is this correct? Will the 885s sag over time? I currently have the stock 16s, spidertrax spacers, and 285s, so I'd hate to see it sag and rub more...
You can get the 1/4" top plates and they will give you the full 3"

And if you do get the 5100's you leave them at 0" of lift with the 885's
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance I'll have an issue with the 1/4" plates and the camburgs binding?

Any info on where to get these parts at a decent price?

Thanks for the help, fellas. This is going to be the first time I've messed with front suspension. I'd rather spend an hour or two learning here to save me lots of headache in the future.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Any chance I'll have an issue with the 1/4" plates and the camburgs binding?

Any info on where to get these parts at a decent price?

Thanks for the help, fellas. This is going to be the first time I've messed with front suspension. I'd rather spend an hour or two learning here to save me lots of headache in the future.
Wheelers Off road. They are a vendor on here.