Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" body lift on 2008 Tacoma

Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
1" body lift on 2008 Tacoma

I've heard that a 1" body lift is a pretty safe amount to lift a body, this true? I only want 1" and nothing more other than the 2.5" front lift and maybe a 1/2 lift rear, with a block, to maintain factory ride type quality.

I've heard they are faily easy to intall and may only possibly require a spacer for the steering ball joint?

Since it's only 1", you guys think it would be ok for light wheeling?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100's are very popular, i just did the toytec front spacer and the rear AAL to raise front 3" and rear 1 or 1.5".... don't know much about the body lift
Old 01-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
just making sure that you want to use a 1 inch body lift on top of the 2.5 front suspension and 1/2 rear suspension lift
Old 01-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabighi View Post
just making sure that you want to use a 1 inch body lift on top of the 2.5 front suspension and 1/2 rear suspension lift
Yes. I will be lifting the front 3" and the rear 1/2 to 1". The 1" body lift will be in addition to that.

I probably wont do the body lift though. Think I'll just put that money towards the 6" Fabtech lift later down the road instead.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
there is only a 3" body lift available i dont think there even is a 1" anyway. not for tacomas anyway.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #6

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread for info on anybody who makes a 1" body lift for the 2005+ Tacomas.

Looks as though Daystar makes them in 1" but only for older Tacomas.

Everything else I said in this thread is not only a year and a half old LOL but I'm doing RR King coilovers and King RR shocks.

But I am considering doing a 1" body lift (no more) after I level the coilovers with the factory height of the rear end. I'm going to wait until the coils are all dialed in, then see if I could use the added 1". I'm a little concerend that I could end up hitting the front fenders at full compression and ripping them off without the little extra clearnace, since I have 4" BS wheels.

Gonna wheel the piss out of it first, try to fully compress the front and see if it ripps the factory flares off first. If it doesn't then I won't need them. I'm just not sure yet if the front tires will arch in enough under comprseeion for the tires to miss the fender lip or not.

Another alternative would be the fiberglass fenders but think it would look goofy because they stick out 4" more than stock. On the other hand I would never come close to hitting them either.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
i rub the hell out of my fenders when im wheeling and ive been trying so hard to find a 1" body lift for my taco
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
i rub the hell out of my fenders when im wheeling and ive been trying so hard to find a 1" body lift for my taco
I heard people buy the 3 inch body lift and like customize and basically cut the 3 inch body lift spacer in half. Ive never seen it done b4 tho
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Roger brown at 4crawler.com does custom body lifts. Any size you want any make any model. You just gotta contact them.
i just sent an email to roger brown about building a custom 1" body lift with all grade 8 and top of the line products.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
hmm... Interested....
TacomaTSP4- let me know how much the kit runs. Im interested in one too.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
Go Big or Go Home!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
hmm... Interested....
TacomaTSP4- let me know how much the kit runs. Im interested in one too.
yea ive just contacted him...its not my main priority lol
Old 03-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #14
843tacoma is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Jordan
843tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did anyone one here ever install a 1 or 1.5 body lift on 05+ Tacoma..
What all did the install intail, what all was needed that you couldnt get from Roger Brown / 4crawler?
Brackets etc...
Also what about if i want to keep my stock bumbers??
Thanks Guys
Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
Sack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of lightSack17 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Andrew
Sack17's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I made a 1.5" custom body lift. It wasnt bad at all to do and it looks pretty good in my opinion. I will have some pics up soon and I am thinking about putting together a kit. If enough people are interested I'll sell them. I didn't need the steering extension for mine. Just had to make my own front and rear bumper brackets.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #17
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Yea I made a 1.5" custom body lift. It wasnt bad at all to do and it looks pretty good in my opinion. I will have some pics up soon and I am thinking about putting together a kit. If enough people are interested I'll sell them. I didn't need the steering extension for mine. Just had to make my own front and rear bumper brackets.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #18

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Hockey pucks???