1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extened and non extended coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chad68, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Think I'm still kinda confused about this.

If I have extened travel coilovers and stock arms can I use those coilovers? Would it just make me not get the extra droop because of the stock arms and ball joint being the limiting factor?

If I had standard lenth coilovers and aftermarket arms then I would not gain any downtravel because the coils don't have the extra length?

So what I'm asking can you either combo without isses, with the only side effect being not getting all possible travel?

2. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i know that running (like you said) reg lengeth CO's and aftermarket UCA's you dont get the extra travel that is allowed from the UCA

as for running the ext length CO and having stock UCA, i beleive you can bolt is up and run it but you might (im not 100% on this and somebody else will have to chim in) have some alignment issues and binding with the stock UCA at full droop. prob max out the ball joint too and cause it to fail pretty quick. maybe less issues if you dont crank down the collars to gain lift.

i bet you could get by running the ext length CO as long as you stick to the pavement and take speed bumps and pot holes easy.

Products Discussed in

To Top