Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Extened and non extended coilovers

Old 09-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Extened and non extended coilovers

Think I'm still kinda confused about this.

If I have extened travel coilovers and stock arms can I use those coilovers? Would it just make me not get the extra droop because of the stock arms and ball joint being the limiting factor?

If I had standard lenth coilovers and aftermarket arms then I would not gain any downtravel because the coils don't have the extra length?

So what I'm asking can you either combo without isses, with the only side effect being not getting all possible travel?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i know that running (like you said) reg lengeth CO's and aftermarket UCA's you dont get the extra travel that is allowed from the UCA

as for running the ext length CO and having stock UCA, i beleive you can bolt is up and run it but you might (im not 100% on this and somebody else will have to chim in) have some alignment issues and binding with the stock UCA at full droop. prob max out the ball joint too and cause it to fail pretty quick. maybe less issues if you dont crank down the collars to gain lift.

i bet you could get by running the ext length CO as long as you stick to the pavement and take speed bumps and pot holes easy.