1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift questions...be patient with me please!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BluTaco08, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Sep 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    BluTaco08

BluTaco08 [OP] I LiKe TaCos

Member:
    I just have a few questions concerning the proper lift for my 5-lug Tacoma. I'm a noob to trucks so please be patient with me. And yes, I did read the sticky about lifting your Tacoma, and though I got a lot of information from it I need some expert advice. Also, I'm driving a 08 Reg. Cab, 5-lug...

For a while now I've been shopping around for a good lift kit for my Taco. I had my mind set on the ReadyLift SST kit that they have offered for a few months now, but then I was doing some research and I'm not so sure I want a spacer lift. I've heard the ride quality is terrible and it puts a strain on the CV's as far as the angle goes. I'm not looking to do any higher than 2.75'' to 3''.

So, I've been reading up and looking around some more lately and on the forums I keep hearing about Billy 5100's. Some people have put them all around and some in the front but not the rear and some in the rear but not in the front. However, most of the Taco's I've seen them on are 6-lugs (I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not).

Also, I keep reading about the AAL's too for the rear. I've also heard the ride quality provided by the AAL's isn't that great unless the rear shocks are upgraded.

And then I've seen the Fox Coilover's with the resovoirs, but again..only on a 6-lug.

So, here's where my questions are:

1.) What are the available lift options for a 5-lug Tacoma ?
    2.) I'm not worried about the monetary budget for adding a lift...I will save for the best possible ride quality. That being said, what would provide me with the best possible ride quality and provide me with at most 3'' of lift ?
    3.) Do I need to replace my UCA's as I've seen done on others, and what exactly is the function of and the reason for getting different UCA's ? Clearence?

I know noob questions piss a lot of people off, but hey, we all started asking questions at some time right ? I'm beating myself up with all these variations of lifting and I just need a solid answer or a point int he right direction. I need as much info. as I can get on the right way to go because I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my ride. Thanks for all the help guys and I'll be sure to post up pics and a write up along with whatever lift I get. Stuff get's confusing, huh ?:help:

2. Sep 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    BluTaco08

BluTaco08 [OP] I LiKe TaCos

Member:
    Whoops..I just realized this should probably be posted in the Suspension Forum. Can I get a mod to move this please ?

3. Sep 17, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
  4. Sep 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*

Products Discussed in

To Top