Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do Chaos UCA need oil?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
NO OIL. Use a dry teflon lube.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Try and find a Spray Teflon lube. Local Hardware store should carry it. You should only have to apray them once a year or so.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Try and find a Spray Teflon lube. Local Hardware store should carry it. You should only have to apray them once a year or so.

Thanks Chris, sounds good. One more question since your online. I noticed when I do my serious offroading, occasionally it results in the entire steering wheel being off center (Turned about 10% to either the right or left) although the handling feels solid. The alignment shop always get it back to being perfect again but the guy said tacomas have a weak bushing in the rack and pinion that can move right or left somewhat. Is there any practical upgrade for this problem or am I just asking too much of the taco?

Thank you
Old 09-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
Thanks Chris, sounds good. One more question since your online. I noticed when I do my serious offroading, occasionally it results in the entire steering wheel being off center (Turned about 10% to either the right or left) although the handling feels solid. The alignment shop always get it back to being perfect again but the guy said tacomas have a weak bushing in the rack and pinion that can move right or left somewhat. Is there any practical upgrade for this problem or am I just asking too much of the taco?

Thank you
Energy suspension has some Poly bushings, but Im not sure if they are out for the sencond gens yet. I dont know why your alignment has been knocked off center. I have beaten on mine pretty good, and its still straight. Im wondering if the alignment shop isnt setting the cam adjusters tight enough.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Energy suspension has some Poly bushings, but Im not sure if they are out for the sencond gens yet. I dont know why your alignment has been knocked off center. I have beaten on mine pretty good, and its still straight. Im wondering if the alignment shop isnt setting the cam adjusters tight enough.

What should I torque them to? I'd be curious if the aren't torqued down tight enough. Anything else I can tighten down?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #8

The Uniball gets torqued to 95# or so. Not to exceed 100#. UCA bolt is 83# IIRC.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
What about the camber adjusters you were talking about. How tight should those be?
Not sure. I think about 80 to 100#...The alignment shop shoud torque those though.