Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL length?

Old 09-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
AAL length?

I stopped into my local spring shop today to discuss replacing my 1.5" Toytec blocks with an extra leaf.Installed,the price is $254(CAD) which surprised me a little considering I have seen AAL's from Toytec and DSMS for around $80.One of the things he pointed out was that the leaf they would be installing would be full length,third spring down from the top.He indicated that they prefer to do it this way because they are able to arch it to the desireable height over a longer span as opposed to a shorter spring being more dramatically bent.

Thoughts,comments,advantages,disadvantages?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Sounds the same as the long aal toytec and all them sell. Longer ones give you a better ride compared to the shorter ones so he is right about that. I say buy it offline and install it yourself. Its easy.
Thanks jd....I've got no problem doing the install myself,as a matter of fact I'd enjoy it.Comlicating things a bit is the fact that I'm in Canada.Shipping costs are really ugly and If I have it shipped to the states it's a couple of hour drive,gas,duty etc.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Thanks jd....I've got no problem doing the install myself,as a matter of fact I'd enjoy it.Comlicating things a bit is the fact that I'm in Canada.Shipping costs are really ugly and If I have it shipped to the states it's a couple of hour drive,gas,duty etc.
Is it possible to just get one from the shop then and do it yourself?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #5

Firefighter:
Quote:
Is it possible to just get one from the shop then and do it yourself?

I've considered that as well.....Must check and see how much for just the leaves.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds the same as the long aal toytec and all them sell. Longer ones give you a better ride compared to the shorter ones so he is right about that. I say buy it offline and install it yourself. Its easy.
which one are you talking about when you say "the long one". would that be the 2" aal they have compared to the 1.5" they have?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
which one are you talking about when you say "the long one". would that be the 2" aal they have compared to the 1.5" they have?
No when I say long one, that just means an aal thats about the same size as a stock one. The 1.5" and 2" you are talking about refer to the lift it gives. Ill find a pic.