1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where did you get your 6" lift installed (California)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chad68, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Sep 17, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    For those that had a shop do the work in CA, curious who you guys had install your Fabtech or Pro Comp lift?

2. Sep 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Sep 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

Yea.. We finally got a 4x4 Parts store here in my city. Thing is Off Road Warehouse has the 6" Fabtech with dirt Logic coilovers and Dirt Logic rear shocks for $2,630 plus tax and labor. That's $600 bucks less than the same kit at 4x4 Parts ($3,208).

If the labor rates are in the same ballpark as each place and I spend 120 bucks for gas, it would be about $500 cheaper to take a drive down to LA area and have them do it, if I decide to go this route.

I'm eather doing this or ICON billet arms, King coils and ICON RR rear shocks. Or maybe just the whole full blown ICON stage 4 kit.

I know the DB lifts get ragged on all the time but sometimes I think people are too quick to overlook their benifits over a 3" lift. I'm just not a big fan of spending 3 grand for a 3" kit and frying my CV's, while loosing most of my down travel.

4. Sep 18, 2009 at 1:46 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Your going to loose a lot of down travel with the drop bracket kit also you will be a little worse than stock. if you go the 3" mid travel way your truck will ride much nicer on the dirt and the mid travel will be much stronger and give u more travel. also consider an icon or fox extended travel coilover they give you an inch more of droop than a normal coilover,

5. Sep 18, 2009 at 3:45 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    But with that extended droop, doesn't that just put more strain on the CV's and boots than they already have at full extension? I mean with the 3" lifts it's like drivng around with a stock truck in the jacked up to change a spare tire position almost. I don't want to have to use limit straps to keep from tearing up the CV joints for a 3" lift. Clunk, opps full droop. clunk opps full droop.

On the other hand, another option is chopping up the frame. I've been reading up on these options so much for hours a day, I'm making myself sick LOL.

Products Discussed in

To Top