Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Twist in spacers??

Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Twist in spacers??

I ordered a set of coil spacers to level out my truck and the just came in today. I called the shop and told them the spacers came and asked when they could install them. They already had the tires and said they could knock it out this afternoon. Long story short the guy ends up pulling my truck into the back as me and my Dad were leaving. The guy at the shop called me three times on the way home. once to ask where the spacers were, once to ask if I wanted the white or black letters out and once to tell me they couldn't do it today. He said he thought the spacers just twisted in. What exactly is a twist in spacer and how does it work?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of "Twist in" Spacers. I would get my truck back, and take it to a different shop.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the dumbass thought you had adjustable coil overs and all you wanted him to do was raise the truck by "twisting" them lol....beats the shit outta me man! I'd go to a offroad shop for where they know what their doing.

:Edit: Never heard of twist in spacers
Old 09-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
A twist in spacer just installs between the coils. You take a ratchet and twist them in, Do not use them on anything. I would suggest you go elsewhere.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input but I kinda can't go to another shop. I ordered my tires from them and had to pay for them beforehand because they were a special order. I guess I'll just have to hope they don't mess anything up.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
they result in a stiff ride and don't allow the coils to really compress when the the truck is clearing bumps, I tried going this route but its not worth it