Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ETA on ICON rear shocks??

Old 09-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
ETA on ICON rear shocks??

I keep hearing there seems to be a long'ish wait on people getting their RR rear ICON shocks. How long are you guys having to wait? Are they making these on a order by order basis? Nobody at ICON seems to pick up the phone. Just wondering if I place my order in a couple weeks, if I will get them by Thanksgiving lol.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
send a PM to the Icon rep on this site. i had some questions for him and i had my answers with in a few hours.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ico...-dynamics.html

scroll down to post #5.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just showed up. It took about 2 weeks from when I ordered to when they showed up.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Mine just showed up. It took about 2 weeks from when I ordered to when they showed up.
You get them installed yet?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Those squeeks still gone? How are those front resi's working out? You get then set to ride nice?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

The rear shocks have not been installed yet, but very soon. The annoying squeak that I had from my TC bushings are back again, but only on my passenger side. I put so much grease on those damn UCA's the second time I installed them, I have no idea what the problem is. I can't live with the noise, its very annoying. I'm going to look at the truck today and try to figure it out. But, I tell you what, if I gotta take those darn things off again, they are not going back on. I'll buy something else.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ you sure it's the bushings and not the uni balls? my uni balls make a shit ton of noise, even when i lube em up. maybe look into the TC UCAs with the heim joints...
http://www.superduty-hq.com/05tacoma...sheimucas.aspx
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
Taco love in East Van

^^^ I didn't realize you could use those on the 4x4, I thought they were only for prerunners. I'm kinda wishing I bought those instead now because squeak squeaking everytime I hit a little bump is pretty annoying. I'm pretty sure its not my uniball, the noise is coming from my bushings.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
looks like chris 4x4 might have to show up and defend his favorite UCA's. I'm sure he'll be able to help you slove the problem, he's a TC guru.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #10

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if heim joints make more noise than the bushing arms???

Seems weird that the uni ball joints would make noise if they were properllly lubed and often. Since the uniball is so open and exposed to all the elements, Can't ya use a motorcycle chain wax on those uniballs? It's thicker than teflon spray and doesn't attract dirt as much as other chain lube like that blue chain lube stuff does.

Maybe they will quiet down once all the parts settle and mesh in time and some of the bushing grease gets soaked into the bushing material? I would give it a little more time and turn the radio up for a while.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #11

^ i've had the UCA's on for 7 months now, i dont think the noise is gonna go away. luckily for me i doesnt bother me too much and thanks for the idea about the chain wax, i'll look into that.

as for the heim UCA's only working on prerunner's i have no idea but i dont see why 4WD tacoma's couldn't use them
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #12

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody happen to have a video or sound clip of the noise? I'm really curious how loud it is. Seems like the only arms that are quiet are stock and light racing arms.

I'm going to be getting 2.5 resi coilovers here in a bit and I'm going to need to go with some kind of aftermarket arm because at full droop my passenger arm misses the spring only because the spring is positioned just right and the arm stops at full droop in between two coil wounds. If the springs were turned 180 degress, looks like it would just barely touch the spring at full droop. The drivers side misses the spring by 1/4-3/8" max. Seems odd there is such a difference from one side to the other. I'm guessing due to factory tolerances.

Since I'm putting my car up for sale in a couple weeks, think I'm going to get the ICON UCA's since they don't have heims instead of bushings and they correct camber and are adjustable without removing them 10 times to get the alignment set. If I'm lucky they will make noise at the uniball and the heims LOL.