Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Did I $#@! up??

Old 09-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Did I $#@! up??

I put bilsteins 5100's on OME 885's am I going to damage my suspension components like it says below from the "Things u need to know about lifting your truck"

Bilstien 5100's This is a great affordable lift kit. These replacement shocks are great to add a few inches to the front of your Tacoma, it is adjustable and have a slightly better valving system than the stock shocks that come with the Tacoma's. (But please take note NO One recommends it to be used in conjunction with after market coils) This may result in damage of your suspension components.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
They have to be set at stock height if you plan to use them with the OME coils.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah......885 coils should not be preloaded.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
I am currently the setup with OME heavies and the Bilstein 5100's. I have the Bily's set at 0" and of the course the Springs give me about 3" extra. I drove to Toytec Lifts, about 30-45 min. from home luckily, and picked up the suspension setup personally and talked over my choices about front struts since the ones I wanted were not in, so after discussing it for a little these were the ones they recommended.

Had been on since May and currently no issues.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

sorry guys forgot to mention they are set at "0" on the 885's
Old 09-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
sorry guys forgot to mention they are set at "0" on the 885's
you are fine then.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Tammy View Post
I am currently the setup with OME heavies and the Bilstein 5100's. I have the Bily's set at 0" and of the course the Springs give me about 3" extra. I drove to Toytec Lifts, about 30-45 min. from home luckily, and picked up the suspension setup personally and talked over my choices about front struts since the ones I wanted were not in, so after discussing it for a little these were the ones they recommended.

Had been on since May and currently no issues.
are you running the 1/4" top plate spacer too??
Old 09-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
are you running the 1/4" top plate spacer too??
I will add that once my bumper & winch are installed.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #9

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.