Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Beefed carrier bearing drop bracket for lifted trucks

Old 09-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed carrier bearing drop bracket for lifted trucks

My friend has a new Tundra that he had lifted at 4WP. They did the usual washer spacers to bring the carrier bearing down, but it was super cheesie. The bolts were long, there were 3 thick washers per side, for a total of 1" of drop and had a ton of flex & unwanted movement and he had driveline vibration. I made him this custom bracket, and made a top piece that gave it a 3rd attachment point using a factory hole in the crossmember above, which really Beefed it up by getting rid of the movement, and brought the C/B down a total of 2-3/4" for the proper driveline angles. Just thought I'd share. All vibrations went bye bye.

front shot

rear shot

Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Good work man. Was it difficult to install?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is the Truck.

Attached Thumbnails
Beefed carrier bearing drop bracket for lifted trucks-dt.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Zac is on a distinguished road
Name: Zac
Zac's Tacoma Gallery
what does this provide you with less movement in the shaft?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac View Post
what does this provide you with less movement in the shaft?
Yes, that's what the 3rd attachment point above does, it uses a factory hole in the crossmember, since I noticed a ton of play in the stock flimsy brackets. This bracket is 1-3/4" longer than the 1" washers that lift installers use (for a total of 2-3/4")and puts the driveshaft where it needs to be if lifted above 3". I'm building one for a guy in Canada with a Tundra and for a guy with a 05+ Taco.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Would this be of any benefit to an 05 prerunner with rear lifted 1.5? from a longevity/sturdiness aspect?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
No vibes but just thinking the straighter the driveshaft line is, the longer the ujoints/ carrier bearing might last. Hear ya on the just leave it alone tho. Mostly curious..........
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
whats one cost for a taco i was going to look at making something like that this week
Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine

This definitely reinforces that area for the driveshaft. And yes, longevity will be a benefit too if your shaft behind the bearing is at an angle that's noticeably different than the front section. I like about a 2-3 degree difference. I can explain how to determine this if needed. This bracket comes with grade 8 mounting hardware and pricing is as follows..As much as I want to offer it for less, materials and time say otherwise. Pictured is my first one for a friend, they'll have a couple refinements and be a bit cleaner now too.

Bracket $61.95
USPS priority medium flat rate w/delivery # $16.80
Total $78.75
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
and that will stop alot of the drive line vibs