Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension quesion

Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
suspension quesion

I have a suspension question. I have a 09 SR5 4x4, v6, auto.

I had the rear leaf TSB done and the rear end is about 2 to 2 1/2 in. higher than the front of the truck. They put the Blistein shocks on all 4 corners.

I want to lift the front of the truck enough to match the rear of the truck.

My questions are:
1. Should I just buy the 5100's and set them at 1.75 and use my current coil springs?

2. Or should I buy new coils and the 5100's? If so, what should I set the 5100's at? (my understanding is that my current coils are not the progressive coils and I think they might be shorter than TRD coils??)

I just want to mainley level out the truck now. I do go off road hunting about 20 times a year and the truck handles that well now, but I want the front of the truck to match the rear of the truck.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
suspension

thank you sir,
I hate to do things twice and just need someone to confirm I was on the right track.

and I forgot to ask..but I am sure I will need an alignment after I do the swap out.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
thank you sir,
I hate to do things twice and just need someone to confirm I was on the right track.

and I forgot to ask..but I am sure I will need an alignment after I do the swap out.
Yes. It probably wont be off too much but better to be safe. I screwed up and havent got an alignment yet and my new tires have suffered. lol
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But before you commit to the 1.75", have you seen pictures like that? I just dont want you to regret not going up to 2.5". There are members here that have both so make sure you know thats what you want.

Just a side note. I like it at 2.5" It looks just about level. I believe derekabraham has the tsb leafs with front bilsteins at 2.5". Check out his pics.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #6

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
suspension

time to start saving my pennies.
Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
time to start saving my pennies.
Thanks
No Problem. If you dont have a place in mind I reccomend Downsouth Motorsports. They are a vendor on here. I believe you can get all 4 shocks for $300. Plus us members get a discount. They have great communication and fast shipping.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #8

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
suspension

good point. I will check out post with the 2.0 and 2.5 before I do anything.