Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment Specs Off

Old 09-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment Specs Off

Alright. So I got a lift and some tires about a month ago and I noticed that the tires were retarded and my camber was way positive. I ended up purchasing some Total Chaos UCAs and I just got them installed this morning at Outlaw Offroad. The shop put the arms on and adjusted the camber with a naked eye and upon finishing I could definitely notice the difference in the appearance of the suspensions geometry and angles. Then they sent me to Goodyear (I guess they do all their alignments for them) to get the alignment. I got my truck back and it drives good. I THINK it pulls right a tiny bit, but that may just be my anger from waiting 6 hours and receiving my truck back with these specs:
L R
Camber .3 .7 (Before was .3 & .8)

Caster 2.6 3.0 (Before was the same)

Toe is good

My question is....will these work or do I need it realigned? I know closest to 0 is best but what will these numbers entail?

I hate the alignment shop so much and I dont even wanna deal with them so if it works I may keep it. If not, someones gonna lose their life.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You pay them to align it propperly, so have them re do it. 0* Camber ( both sides), 0* Toe, and bring that passenger side Caster inline with the driver side.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea I just called the guy. So freaking mad. I gotta drive all the way down there tomorrow, waste gas and time, and hope that they can actually do their job right this time.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tell them:
0* Toe
0* Camber
And 2.5* Caster. They can get it. Get the print out and post it up after ward.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
my truck pulls to the right most of the time too, due to the road being slanted down the the right, when the road is slanted down to the left it pulls left.

I am in the same boat as you, hating the alignment shop, I just want it done right, I have a very slight vibe because the last alignment i had done had the camber way off, which apparently I dont need new ucas to fix
Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Haha.....

Just kidding! You can look here if you want. Used Mr. 2x2's specs.

Edit
Hopefully you wont get this and have to do this. But im glad i did that.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Hi
Well for the record, choose your alignment shop carefully. These guys suck sooo much @$@". I don't even understand why Outlaw Offroad would contract the alignments out to them, that kinda disappoints me. In any case, they tried readjusting the caster and camber and the camber was .5 & .4 respectively but then the caSter came out to 3.6 & 2.6. He told me he did that to compensate for the slant in the road and that if I wanted a low camber that was the only thing he could do. So now I'm mad....

Then i tell him that my tires are gonna wear retarded and my steering is gonna be off and he says no it'll be fine. I told him I want the camber lower an he said he can't go any lower but I said that I purchased $700 UCAs specifically for that purpose, for perfect alignment specs and tht it can be done. So I told him that he either matches the casters below 3 and gets the camber to 0, or else I'm going to another alignment shop to get it done right and they're refunding me the cost of alignment. I also threatened to tell the 4x4 shop of their impotence. So he took my keys and is working on it.... I love it when they give up and I win
Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Well hopefully they get it good this time around!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Hi
Yea I hope they do too. This is getting quite irritating. I had to wait 6 hours yesterday for uca install and the shittiest alignment ever and I've been here 2.5 hours already so they better get it right. I can't decipher the picture too well, what happened? Wheels rubbed alot? So u had to trim a lot?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
"Let's Ride!"

Does that 6 hour install include the alignment time? 6 hours is a lot to install some UCA's. I did mine myself and took me a little over 2 hours.

Well in the pic i was rubbing pretty bad on my cab mounts, so i had them chopboxed. Now no more rub.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
Hi
They did it!

0 Camber
0 Toe
2.8 Caster

all sides match!

I'm glad this ordeal is over.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
"Let's Ride!"

Old 09-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
Hi
Took 1.5 hrs to install UCAs. I had to wait an hour for the 4x4 shop to even start working on my ride. Alignment took The rest of the time with an hour wait to even start
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #14

Good to hear!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
nickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: AMT3/ H-65 Flight mech
nickbroaddus's Tacoma Gallery
can you get this kind of alignment on a 3" lift without the ucas? i had mine done today and it reads as follows
left front= 0.7* camber 1.5* caster .02*toe
right front= 0.5* camber 1.4* caster 0 toe

they also said "oh since you have a lift your adjuster bolts were frozen"- extra $46
TOTAL $126.78!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbroaddus View Post
can you get this kind of alignment on a 3" lift without the ucas? i had mine done today and it reads as follows
left front= 0.7* camber 1.5* caster .02*toe
right front= 0.5* camber 1.4* caster 0 toe

they also said "oh since you have a lift your adjuster bolts were frozen"- extra $46
TOTAL $126.78!!!
Thats BS. Lift doesnt freeze adjuster cams. You will need after market UCA's to get your alignment in spec.