Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

deaver 10 pack sag?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
wingnutt111 is on a distinguished road

wingnutt111's Tacoma Gallery
deaver 10 pack sag?

i just installed the donahoe coil overs on my 07 dbl cab!!! im running the bilstein 5100s in the rear with the 10 leaf deavers and im bottoming out.im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? my front coil-overs are only set at 1 1/4 in. and im rubbing like hell and need to go up to 2 1/2 but my truck will look like im pulling a frikin wheelie! i spoke to the shop that installed it and they tryed givin me the run around.so i called demello offroad and they suggested the custom 11 leaf pack and said theres been complaints before so i have an apointment with deaver springs thurs morning to correct this issue.ill let you guys know how it goes with them.i thought i was purchasing the cream of the crop.what are you guys running? i heard i should have gone with the alcan srings! i wanted the donnahoe rear resevore shocks but are "unavailable until further notice" any sugeestions?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't heard of any complaints from the guys who got Toytec, they sometimes say that they have a vibration but that is installation and the nature of lifting trucks, good luck, sounds like your road is long.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason people go with Deavers is for offroad use. The max load on them is less than the stock springs. In offroading, the ideal thing is to keep your tires on the ground, thus soft springs with extra travel come in to play.

If you are trying to haul stuff with your truck, you will start breaking the leaves from overloading them. You will want to get an overload leaf to help out.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
wingnutt111 is on a distinguished road

wingnutt111's Tacoma Gallery
the problem i was getting was not enough lift in the rear.went to deaver springs today and got sorted out!yea baby!!!! they added two more leafs.my donahoes are set at 2 1/4 in. on the driver side and 2 in. on the passenger. the truck is tottally level and rocks now! the guys at deaver are super cool. the place has some history!!! that place has been in business since 1892! i wish i had brought a camera.if you ever get a chance to deal with them directly its well worth the trip!huel howser could do a whole show on them.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Sasquatch is on a distinguished road

Sasquatch's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds awesome, I wanna see some pics!