1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

deaver 10 pack sag?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wingnutt111, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Jan 22, 2008 at 11:28 PM
    wingnutt111

wingnutt111 [OP] Member

Member:
    venice,ca.
    Vehicle:
    07 prerUnner sr5 black
    k&n,westin bull bar, kc lights,A.R.E. top with Yakama rack,custom tonnoue tent,stock roof rack with destination surf pads, de-badged, donahoe coil-over,deaver spring 12 leaf,5100 bilsteins,custom grillcraft, leather armrest,pro-comp 17 knight chrome,pro-comp extreme ATs 305/65/17
    i just installed the donahoe coil overs on my 07 dbl cab!!! im running the bilstein 5100s in the rear with the 10 leaf deavers and im bottoming out.im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? my front coil-overs are only set at 1 1/4 in. and im rubbing like hell and need to go up to 2 1/2 but my truck will look like im pulling a frikin wheelie! i spoke to the shop that installed it and they tryed givin me the run around.so i called demello offroad and they suggested the custom 11 leaf pack and said theres been complaints before so i have an apointment with deaver springs thurs morning to correct this issue.ill let you guys know how it goes with them.i thought i was purchasing the cream of the crop.what are you guys running? i heard i should have gone with the alcan srings! i wanted the donnahoe rear resevore shocks but are "unavailable until further notice" any sugeestions?

2. Jan 23, 2008 at 2:54 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I haven't heard of any complaints from the guys who got Toytec, they sometimes say that they have a vibration but that is installation and the nature of lifting trucks, good luck, sounds like your road is long.

3. Jan 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason people go with Deavers is for offroad use. The max load on them is less than the stock springs. In offroading, the ideal thing is to keep your tires on the ground, thus soft springs with extra travel come in to play.

If you are trying to haul stuff with your truck, you will start breaking the leaves from overloading them. You will want to get an overload leaf to help out.

4. Jan 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    wingnutt111

wingnutt111 [OP] Member

Member:
    venice,ca.
    Vehicle:
    07 prerUnner sr5 black
    k&n,westin bull bar, kc lights,A.R.E. top with Yakama rack,custom tonnoue tent,stock roof rack with destination surf pads, de-badged, donahoe coil-over,deaver spring 12 leaf,5100 bilsteins,custom grillcraft, leather armrest,pro-comp 17 knight chrome,pro-comp extreme ATs 305/65/17
    the problem i was getting was not enough lift in the rear.went to deaver springs today and got sorted out!yea baby!!!! they added two more leafs.my donahoes are set at 2 1/4 in. on the driver side and 2 in. on the passenger. the truck is tottally level and rocks now! the guys at deaver are super cool. the place has some history!!! that place has been in business since 1892! i wish i had brought a camera.if you ever get a chance to deal with them directly its well worth the trip!huel howser could do a whole show on them.

5. Jan 24, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    Sasquatch

Sasquatch Member

Member:
    Ozark Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Buying one soon
    Sounds awesome, I wanna see some pics!

6. Jan 25, 2008 at 4:19 PM
    wingnutt111

wingnutt111 [OP] Member

Member:
    venice,ca.
    Vehicle:
    07 prerUnner sr5 black
    here she is!!!

IMG_1992.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top