Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA's needed with 3" OME Lift??

Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
UCA's needed with 3" OME Lift??

Will I need to install LR UCA's to adjust the camber if I install the 3" OME kit from Toytec if running stock TRD sport rims with Duratrac 265/70/17 tires, for even wearing of the tires... how about if I buy new Moto Metal 951 17x9 rim with 285/70/17 duratracs?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
buying wheels doesnt matter, it the lift that does. you do not have to but it sure will help with the handling and 'wandering' of the truck. i have the LR uca's and they were probably the best buy i have done to date
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the quick replies

Other than the wandering, are you almost guaranteed uneven tire wear without new UCA's?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
METAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
buying wheels doesnt matter, it the lift that does. you do not have to but it sure will help with the handling and 'wandering' of the truck. i have the LR uca's and they were probably the best buy i have done to date
I've been modeling my truck off of yours haha, mine's a black DC, I see you kept your front mud flaps, hows that working out with the 17x9s and the 285s? sick ride!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
Other than the wandering, are you almost guaranteed uneven tire wear without new UCA's?
There hasn't been an guaranteed anything. Some folks seem to find wandering a bad issue...some have vibrations....some have both or some other problem pop up. Some have no issues at all. I chose to go with the UCAs before I ever ran into problems...but I may not have had any issues, even with the stock stuff.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
METAL!

thanks brunes, I'll install the lift and see how it rides before jumping at the UCA's
Old 09-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been modeling my truck off of yours haha, mine's a black DC, I see you kept your front mud flaps, hows that working out with the 17x9s and the 285s? sick ride!
thanks man. i wanted the mudflaps on because i go out a gravel road nearly every day and the flaps seems to deflect the rocks away from the side of my truck

i used a dremel with the cutting wheels and trimmed up the flaps. i have some pics of what i did. the red is where i cut and trimmed...

here's end result. took a lot of trial and error.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
METAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
thanks man. i wanted the mudflaps on because i go out a gravel road nearly every day and the flaps seems to deflect the rocks away from the side of my truck

i used a dremel with the cutting wheels and trimmed up the flaps. i have some pics of what i did. the red is where i cut and trimmed...

here's end result. took a lot of trial and error.

thanks for the info! will be keeping the flaps for sure, i also travel on a lot of dirt and gravel roads, they look great with the 33s, not sure why everyone takes them off

I'll have to post some pics as my upgrades move along, i broke them up into stages so I don't feel so bad spending the money haha

STAGE I: 3" Lift and UCA's

STAGE II: Rims and Tires

STAGE III: CAI and FM 40

TW is addicting...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks for the info! will be keeping the flaps for sure, i also travel on a lot of dirt and gravel roads, they look great with the 33s, not sure why everyone takes them off

I'll have to post some pics as my upgrades move along, i broke them up into stages so I don't feel so bad spending the money haha

STAGE I: 3" Lift and UCA's

STAGE II: Rims and Tires

STAGE III: CAI and FM 40

TW is addicting...
Good info on this thread. How's your ride coming along?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
METAL!

I got rims and tires and uca's already, just waiting for the ome 3" lift in the mail, should be installed hopefully this friday, will be posting before and after pics