LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2009 Leveling Kit w/ rear block 1"

Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
ComaChic will become famous soon enough

ComaChic's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Leveling Kit w/ rear block 1"

Ok so im sure its a question asked and answered a million times but wanted to get something up to date and recommended.

2009 Tacoma Crew Cab Short Bed.. I wanted to just put some beefier tires on her and perhaps new black wheels. Looking to see what is suggested for an upgrade that will clear easily and not be forcing anything to major. I figures a 2.5" spacer for the front:

NOW, all I want to know is what will I be seeing short term and long term for problems or driving changes. What size tires fit simply with a nice little offset and what would be overkill tire sizes. I figured a 285/70-17 would be good. I believe i'll be doing 17's for the price as well as they look proportional on the truck.

Next would be what if any problems would I have putting a 1-2" block in the rear to pick that up a little because I saw a Tacoma with a 2.5 in the front and it looked to saggy in the rear. So probably a 1" block would work just fine.

Truck is a daily driver and doesn't tow ever. No working or anything.

I liked the look of the Cooper Zeon tires.. that or a basic all-terrain tire thats good summer/winter. BF's, Coopers, whatever else people seem to like.

All advise appreciated!!!
Suggestions on brands and tires needed!!!

THANKS!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking to stay around 2.5" lift, I would recomend a 32" tall tire (265/70/17), so as to avoid any rubbing issues.

The Bilstien 5100's offer lift up to 2.5" in the front. Get a set of 4 (2 for the rear), and an Add A Leaf, and you should be good.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If your looking to stay around 2.5" lift, I would recomend a 32" tall tire (265/70/17), so as to avoid any rubbing issues.

The Bilstien 5100's offer lift up to 2.5" in the front. Get a set of 4 (2 for the rear), and an Add A Leaf, and you should be good.
I hear ya for the tires thats what im looking for nothing that will rub or be a problem. 265 would probably look just fine. 285 probably would rub I was thinking. They guys truck I saw had 285/60-18's and it looked like they rubbed just a tad but didn't ask.

So the stock shocks won't reach that lift I guess. Do they make shock extention's like the bigger trucks? Truck is brand new so don't really need new ones yet.

And you think an add a leaf is better than doin a block? Rather than a block? I figured a leaf would be more money and ride a bit stiffer. Does a new leaf take out that much sag

Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
You should look into the TSB on the rear leaf springs. There is a ton on info on here about it. Basically, they upgrade the 3 leaf pack to a 4 leaf leaf pack. Thus giving a little extra lift in the back. Might want to look at that before doing anything to the rear as it is free (under warranty). Now, so you know the TSB only covers up to 2008 Taco's. However, many members (including myself) have gotten this done on our 2009's. Worth a shot, just read up pretty good so you know how to go about getting done.

Good luck
Old 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If you are on a budget and don't go off roading this lift would suffice.

If you plan on running bigger tires on those stock rims, you are going to need wheel spacers, spider traxx makes a good product I hear...

285/75/16s would be what you're looking for, just would need the spacers along with it and minor trimming in the front wheel wells
Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If you are on a budget and don't go off roading this lift would suffice.

If you plan on running bigger tires on those stock rims, you are going to need wheel spacers, spider traxx makes a good product I hear...

285/75/16s would be what you're looking for, just would need the spacers along with it and minor trimming in the front wheel wells
Thanks man! Yea not a bit of offroading at all.... unfortunately

But I think i'll get a set of KMC Revolvers in black with new tires and just keep the stockers just in case.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Along with the lift Emoslayer mentioned, your gonna need new shocks, and possibly new UCA's to correct for lost Caster.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Along with the lift Emoslayer mentioned, your gonna need new shocks, and possibly new UCA's to correct for lost Caster.
Yea that was my biggest concern was if I needed UCA's.. thing is is im not planning on having this long so im not to worried on that stuff. I mean I just wanna know for daily driving it will be fine. Thats what I wanted to knwo is how far do I go before I am stretching that angle of everything.

I saw something on ebay of course, not the super cheap million made crap kid but one kit had the 2.5 spacers for the front and a block for the rear. I know its a pretty cheesie and ghetto kit but just how bad is it and how much long term am I killing. I feel its just fine for what I need
Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaChic View Post
Yea that was my biggest concern was if I needed UCA's.. thing is is im not planning on having this long so im not to worried on that stuff. I mean I just wanna know for daily driving it will be fine. Thats what I wanted to knwo is how far do I go before I am stretching that angle of everything.

I saw something on ebay of course, not the super cheap million made crap kid but one kit had the 2.5 spacers for the front and a block for the rear. I know its a pretty cheesie and ghetto kit but just how bad is it and how much long term am I killing. I feel its just fine for what I need
If its a top plate type spacer, it can eat your ball joints in under 5000 miles. AND, can cause breakage of the front shocks, with a dip in a road, or pot hole.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #10

Quote:
If its a top plate type spacer, it can eat your ball joints in under 5000 miles. AND, can cause breakage of the front shocks, with a dip in a road, or pot hole.
Thats what I was scared to hear. I figured the same thing.. Dammit.. Sooooo just what is my affordable way to lift this thing or to basically level it. Just to fit some 265's or something beefy on a 17" wheel that sticks out just a hair. Looking for that beefy look over stock.

THANKS
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Thats what I was scared to hear. I figured the same thing.. Dammit.. Sooooo just what is my affordable way to lift this thing or to basically level it. Just to fit some 265's or something beefy on a 17" wheel that sticks out just a hair. Looking for that beefy look over stock.

THANKS
See post #2.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #12

Im on it... that was a dumb question haha
Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #13

Quote:
See post #2.
So sorry to be such a pain but... back to your first post.. With a new set of 5100's that would pick up my front end alone to fit bigger tires? Or would I need to still do a longer spring or spacer for stock spring.

As for the rear is it better in any way to do the spring over a block?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #14

Quote:
So sorry to be such a pain but... back to your first post.. With a new set of 5100's that would pick up my front end alone to fit bigger tires? Or would I need to still do a longer spring or spacer for stock spring.

As for the rear is it better in any way to do the spring over a block?
The shocks will add the lift, as they have an adjustable spring seat. No spacer needed. An AAL is much better than a block. Blocks tend to exacerbate axel wrap.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Blocks tend to exacerbate axel wrap.
He said, "exacerbate".

The crazy thing is, Chris nailed the spelling on "exacerbate" but couldn't get "axle" correct.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
He said, "exacerbate".

The crazy thing is, Chris nailed the spelling on "exacerbate" but couldn't get "axle" correct.
LMAO!!! Im funny that way.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #17

Haha spelling isn't my think.. Im not a thinker, im a driver - Ricky Bobby

Anyway.. I know what your saying axle hop sucks. So I will be best doing a new set of Bilsteen 5100's and then an Add A Leaf in the rear for the minor lift I want as well as a good ride.

NOW heres my last minute hook.. I have a lease and perhaps don't know if i'll buy it out or send it back. With this I can put all the stock stuff right back in and put the stock wheels on and should be good to go right. i don't see why not

Well THANKS so damn much! Thanks to the website im headin in the right direction.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
good catch. I am like that as well.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Haha spelling isn't my think.. Im not a thinker, im a driver - Ricky Bobby

Anyway.. I know what your saying axle hop sucks. So I will be best doing a new set of Bilsteen 5100's and then an Add A Leaf in the rear for the minor lift I want as well as a good ride.

NOW heres my last minute hook.. I have a lease and perhaps don't know if i'll buy it out or send it back. With this I can put all the stock stuff right back in and put the stock wheels on and should be good to go right. i don't see why not

Well THANKS so damn much! Thanks to the website im headin in the right direction.
Yes. Everything c an be returned to stock pretty quickly.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #20

So my question is, is how do these company's sell these leveling/lift kits like the post # 4 or 5 on here without shocks. With longer springs of course you need a longer shock cause it will top out. Just saying... but in the same way how will a new shock pick me up 2 inches or so with a stock spring.... if I pick up the front from the front how does the stock spring reach???