1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OE Fox rear shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 89Vision, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sep 27, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    89Vision

89Vision [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Long Beach CA to Ventura County
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd DblCab & 00 2wd Mini
    -08 Taco...3" Fox CO Lift, Blacked out Headlights -00 Taco...shaved handles rollpan...3/4 drop...XR rims
    Whats up guys? Just recently installed my Fox CO's up front and TC UCA's. I was going to start on the rear lift with my AAL and rear Fox resevoir shocks. Came to notice that the only way i can install the shocks is upside down. According to Fox, with the piggy back resevoir shocks it is setup to where it can be installed upside down. Other than it looking weird with the resevoir closest to the ground, it doesnt seem to safe having it so low to the ground and elements. I have found an clevis adapter from Total Chaos to where I can install eyelet type shocks to the upper shock mount but, I cant find an adapter for the pin side of the shock to mount to the lower assembly. Am I making any sense?...hope so. Heres the rear shocks that I have. Hope any of you can help me out.

Fox Shocks.jpg

2. Sep 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    09blacktaco

09blacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The Rockies
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD OR
    I was worried about the low hanging reservoir too so I went with the All Pro version. Its more expensive, but worth it IMHO.

Sorry I can't help with the adapters.

3. Sep 28, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yeah, i'd be worried too about the resi hanging low to the ground and being so exposed. call up allpro and see if they have an suggestions for ya cause their version is perfect. maybe they can mod your for you. prob cost some $ though but you'll have a better peace of mind when hitting the dirt. here's what theirs looks like.

4. Sep 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Just trim the rear mounting cup a little and repaint it with spray paint to prevent rust. Most people running the rear resi fox's do this.

5. Sep 29, 2009 at 1:20 AM
    89Vision

89Vision [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Long Beach CA to Ventura County
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd DblCab & 00 2wd Mini
    -08 Taco...3" Fox CO Lift, Blacked out Headlights -00 Taco...shaved handles rollpan...3/4 drop...XR rims
    Thanks guys. Nelson, Ill call up Allpro tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

6. Sep 29, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    good luck, let us know what you find out.

Products Discussed in

To Top