Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quarter eliptical or not?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Drews Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Drews Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quarter eliptical or not?

Does anyone know whether the 1st gen 99 Toy taco V6 4X4 is quarter eliptical with its rear spring suspension or not? I am thinking of ordering custom leaf springs and am looking at my options. Would anybody have any advice?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Did you do any research about what 1/4 & 3/4 ellipticals actually are? It's a custom setup you won't find this type of setup on any vehicle that comes off the factory floor. You won't find many or any that actually drive on the roadways either.

Here's a picture of a 1/4 elliptical

And here's a picture of a 3/4 elliptical

Did you mean to ask about something else?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics Jan!!! That's some serious flex!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Drews Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Drews Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I did not mean anything else! You answered my question to a T. Thank You Very Much!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drews Tacoma View Post
I did not mean anything else! You answered my question to a T. Thank You Very Much!!!
You can actually do a 3/4 elliptical on a 1st gen tacoma fairly easy. I knew a guy who did it. You just need an old set of leaf springs and take out the main leaf with the spring eye on it.....cut to length, drill some holes and attach to the frame. It's not that hard to do.
I wish I would've taken a picture of the setup, but here's a flex shot of it.

However - I wouldn't recommend this for trucks driving on the street unless you're prepared for the driving characteristics (unloading during hard turns, etc).

If anyone is interested in this further...Look up NUKE on TTORA.