Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Warranty WorK???

Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty WorK???

Two Thursdays ago I mad a plan to put on my EZ Lift Suspension kit. A buddy on mine was helping me do this whom has been a mechanic for a long time. We jack up the front end and take both tires off. He then notices that the right front CV Boot was slid down and there was grease all over the front suspension. I'm a busy person and had been waiting for this day a long time so I went ahead and put the lift on. The next day I got my tires mounted, balanced, and a front end alignment. The gut at Geralds tire shop said, "take it to the dealer and have them look at it." So immediately they said, that's not covered because you have as lift kit. I only have 23,000 on my truck. I forked the 230.00 repair bill. Do you think this is right.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
honorable??? what's that???

that one is sticky, why should the dealer take your word for it? i hate it, but dishonest people have ruined so many things..... i'm not sure if they would or not. my guess is no, but it is just a guess.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
See the thing is I have proof and witnessess that know it happened before the lift. Anyways I have been told that the Magnuson-Moss Waranty Act states that they have to prove how the kit damaged this, which they can't. Is this true.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
this is the headline from the copy of the MMWA on autoanything.com....

"According to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)). It’s always best to work with a performance-oriented dealership, but no matter who you choose, you’re protected by the law."

here is the link to it in case u wanna read it for yourself....MMWA Link
Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
No its not right that you had to pay the bill, but you really should have seen that one coming. I would have waited to put the lift on and then taken it to the dealer, then found time to put the lift on in the future
Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
We live in a very litigious world, and I say is this is a lesson learned oh too well, I love to the look of a lifted truck, but won't because of the sticky issues that arise afterwards. I am sorry this cost you 230 dollars, but as said in an earlier thread, get the work done first, then put the lift on. Before putting on anymore mods, I would contact the service desk at the dealer and go over what they consider warranty voiding products. Knowledge is always on the backside of experience.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
jedi, did i hear you right? you are lifting your truck as soon as your warranty runs out?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
No I am staying stock height, I did not explain clear enough, DOH !
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
mikenredding is on a distinguished road
mikenredding's Tacoma Gallery
Thats why I'm having the TSB done 1st before I install my lift kit.