Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Trying to determine total cost

Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to determine total cost

I've been doing reading for a while, but I have a few unanswered questions and I'm having a hard time adding up total cost. My main thing is to determine what the expense is before deciding to say screw it and buy a quad or a dirtbike first/instead

Info first:
2008 DC SB TRD Offroad
I'm still very new to offroading, and mainly interested in trail rides and such rather than serious rock crawls. The most I care to venture is a 2 on Timmer's scale, a 2.0 to possible 2.5 on Kilted Chicken's once mods are complete. After many years and this becomes my beater truck, I may venture up the scale, but this is challenging enough for me.
I plan on doing sliders first

1. For up front, I've all but completely decided on an OME 885 kit (how soon would I need 886?). I figure this is probably the best for what I intend to do and best budget-wise. Do I need the top spacer?
2. Rear: This is what I don't understand and need the most help on. I have the rear TSB, does that matter? Do I still need the AAL? How much do I need the rear shocks? Again I assume OME is the route I'm going.
3. UCA: I can add this at any time, right? Can I go with the Light Racing or is it much better to just step up to, say, Total Chaos?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Get the top spacer for the 885s, and 1.5 TSB AAL, with the stock shock extender..cheapest route, that is what I did and It rides better than stock. If I would have done anything different I would have went 2.0 AAL
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
1.5 TSB AAL, with the stock shock extender. If I would have done anything different I would have went 2.0 AAL
I'm not sure I'm deciphering this right.
Are you saying that the TSB spring is equivalent to a 1.5" rear lift? If that's right, you are saying my rearend is ok, but would recommend a 2" AAL in addition? Can you show a product link or explain more?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
lift

why not just 5100 Blistein's up front set on 2.5? This should match your rear TSB springs.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
why not just 5100 Blistein's up front set on 2.5? This should match your rear TSB springs.
I guess that's my question to you guys... is the rear in stock form good to go... or is the AAL, upgraded rear shocks, etc all a necessity? I want this to be a weekend project, not a year long endeavor, so I'm hoping to get all the kinks worked out before any wallets open