Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL Install. (second gen)

Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox458 View Post
Looks like you re used the U-bolts, but they don't look stock to begin with (looks like you are getting rid of a rear block kit for an AAL). I'm going from stock TSB to the toytec AAL, should I be buying new U-bolts? I only have about of 3/4" of thread left as it is now...
Actually, We used new U bolts, as the ones used on the block were too long. You should be fine re useing the ones you have.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 AM   #22
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Deconfusionification of taco modification will bestow an abundance of green dots upon your profile.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #23
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t@co_pr3runn3r View Post
deconfusionification of taco modification will bestow an abundance of green dots upon your profile.
lmao!!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
forcepowrd07 is on a distinguished road
forcepowrd07's Tacoma Gallery
chris your freakin awsome!!! i was on the fence bout doin it myself but i think you pushed me over the right side.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcepowrd07 View Post
chris your freakin awsome!!! i was on the fence bout doin it myself but i think you pushed me over the right side.
Good to hear! Its easy, but give your self extra time incase you have any hang ups. When you get close to doing this, hit me up via PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #27
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Your expertise is overwhelming, Chris. Really!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Your expertise is overwhelming, Chris. Really!

Thanks, Buddy, But Im not an expert....yet.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
x2

Great work Chris! BTW, I know you took a block out but what would be the expected lift height in the rear from the TSB 4-leaf to the TSB 4-leaf + AAL? Just curious ~ thanks.
On PackerfanXD's truck, with 285/75/16, the rear is sitting at about 40.5", with the TSB springs, and the 1.5" AAL.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #31
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
You da man!! ....Thank You!! (dam I still wish you where my neighbor)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #32
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Its easy guys if you have been putting off forever JUST DO IT! Follow these instructions and you will be good to go!

Good write up Chris and Matt!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #33
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
On PackerfanXD's truck, with 285/75/16, the rear is sitting at about 40.5", with the TSB springs, and the 1.5" AAL.
Just for comparison sake, mine is at 39" in the rear with the 3 spring crap pack plus the Toytec 1.5 AAL.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #34
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
what is the 22mm deep socket for? the wheels?
I almost went out and bought one but realized my lugs are 21mm...that would have been a waste!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
what is the 22mm deep socket for? the wheels?
I almost went out and bought one but realized my lugs are 21mm...that would have been a waste!
Most "U" bolt nuts are 22mm.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I guess that is directed at me....
Hard to tell with him...He could have meant it for a whole different thread.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #38
redraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shedredraider is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
redraider's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #39
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris!
I just installed my add-a-leaf today. This DIY made the install a breeze.
Took my time, and finished the job in five hours.
Thanks again!!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #40
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice write up Chris! I printed this and followed it step by step. The only difference is that my U-bolt (TSB) nuts are 19 mm.

When I was removing the nuts, there was no resistance at all. I doubt it was torqued at 100 Nm. I had about 1/2" thread left before the AAL and yet it's still about 1/2" after the AAL torqued at 100Nm It really surprised me since it was just serviced by the dealership a week ago!

By the way, how often should I check the torque? I was wheeling 2 weeks ago though. Do they really get loose after wheeling?

Also, what is the torque of the lug nuts? I just tightened them hard. Checked at 80 Nm.

Thanks.