Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

daystar lift

Old 01-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
dibsen is on a distinguished road

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
daystar lift

Looking at geting daystars 2.5" lift. Its a good price and I think it's gonna look sweet. I got to wait for about 2 months to save up some caish.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
How much you gettin it for?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #3

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
The kit is selling for $175 on wheeler's off road. I love that site, just wish they had wheel and tire packages too.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from Daystar.

I would recommend the Toytec kit if you want a spacer lift. Don't mess with plastic stuff. http://www.toyteclifts.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #5

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
they seem to have more of a selection and still good prices. Good looking out.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Stay away from Daystar.

I would recommend the Toytec kit if you want a spacer lift. Don't mess with plastic stuff. http://www.toyteclifts.com/

I'm thinking of the Toytec 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL. My questions: The truck comes with coil springs correct? Those that come with the kit, are they just longer springs? I like the cornering of my Sport model, what do you think is better AAL to maintain my ride, the ProComp (firm-riding) or the Toytec (softer)? I just don't know if the ProComp will be TOO stiff.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

You can get spacers that go on top of your stock coils, or you can get taller coils and replace the stock coils. If you can't afford adjustable coilovers then taller coils would be the next best bet. If you have a double cab then I would go with the OME 885 coils. Don't do 886's unless you have a heavy winch bumper. Regular and Access cabs should probably get the 884 coils. Getting taller coils will make the ride a little stiffer. If you want to lift your truck, but still have as smooth of a ride as possible then you should look into getting Donahoe Racing coilovers, which is what I have. They give a real nice ride, and up to 3" of lift. Plus you can adjust them, which can help compensate for the "Tacoma lean". Many Tacomas sit a little lower on the drivers side. Cranking up the drivers side coilover will fix this.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #8
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
You can get spacers that go on top of your stock coils, or you can get taller coils and replace the stock coils. If you can't afford adjustable coilovers then taller coils would be the next best bet. If you have a double cab then I would go with the OME 885 coils. Don't do 886's unless you have a heavy winch bumper. Regular and Access cabs should probably get the 884 coils. Getting taller coils will make the ride a little stiffer. If you want to lift your truck, but still have as smooth of a ride as possible then you should look into getting Donahoe Racing coilovers, which is what I have. They give a real nice ride, and up to 3" of lift. Plus you can adjust them, which can help compensate for the "Tacoma lean". Many Tacomas sit a little lower on the drivers side. Cranking up the drivers side coilover will fix this.
Ah, so many options. ..

I'd love to get Donahoes. I think I'll eventually spend the money if I like the ride height.

So you don't think the 885s are too stiff for the Taco? On the other-hand, some say the 884s sag too much.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #9
Mod Master

Get 885's.