1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rev-tec lift from dealer - Keep your parts!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Abrigger, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    Abrigger

Abrigger [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    I bought my 2007 taco from the dealer and had the revtech 3" installed before I picked it up. They gave me the keys and nothing else.

Fastforward to now and I am removing the revtech lift and replacing it with a real lift (skyjacker no spacers or blocks!!).

I took my truck in a shop to have it done and they are telling me they require the "stock coil spring isolators". After calling the Toyota dealership where I had it done, they tell me they usually throw them out if you do not request to keep parts. They are now changing me $60 per part for parts I already paid for!

Side note the shop I am having the new lift put in are trying to screw me as well. I order the lift and made the appointment 3 weeks ago. I told them...2007 Tacoma with REvtek lift kit. They get the truck, do the rear and then move to the front. They dont realize they need the "stock coil spring isolators" until they have the front suspension apart. They are now trying to get me to pay for them to take it apart, put back to gether as it was. Rediculous!!! Their mess up, their fault, their cost no?!?!?

2. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    They should have known all that was needed before attempting the instal.

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    x2

Sounds like you got buttholed by everyone.

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Can anyone explain what exactly the coil spring isolators are, and where are they located on a stock truck... I guess I'll be in the situation when it comes time to upgrade.:(

5. Oct 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Correct if I am wrong but I believe it's the rubber piece right about the coil. This happened to me too. My mechanic ordered the two parts from Toyota for about $10 each. Wasn't a big problem for me.

6. Oct 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    05TacomaCO

05TacomaCO T800

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 CM Platinum 4x4
    I also need the discarded part. Anyone know a part number or where to find them?

Products Discussed in

To Top