Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift tires rims combo

Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
Lift tires rims combo

Ok, I have finally made up my mind after about 2 months of hours and hours of reading through TW, literally

so what do you guys think of this combination, it's mostly going to be on the road and light trails in northern PA, I didn't want to cheap out and get spacers, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, and I do want to have proper alignment.. so anyways here is what I came up with..

LIFT:

3" Pro Comp Suspension Lift (no spacers)
http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...oductId=249893

440.00$

LR UCA's <-- I don't really want any wandering on the road
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

450.00$

Front Differential Drop <-- reduce wear on cv boots
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

30.00$

TIRES: BFG M/T KM 285/70/17
http://4wheelonline.com/BFGoodrich_M...ires.351.12468

Do you think these would be in stock?? Can't find em anywhere else, really like these tires

820.00$

RIMS: 17x9, 4.5" BS, 6 on 5.5, non hubcentric
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Ro..._pn=PCW98-7983

390.00$

Sell my stock TRD sport rims for at least 400.00$ I'd hope so + 400.00

TOTAL LIFT COST: 1730.00$

What do you guys think? I'd really like feedback about the Pro Comp Lift from people using it or have seen it...

I am still debating whether or not to install this myself or take it to this guy that's TRD certified so no warranties will be voided.

What do you think a fair install price would be? I would buy all the parts online and take em over to the shop, so lift install, tire and wheel install, alignment, differential drop would be charged labor

Questions/Comments/Concerns???
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 3'' Pro Comp lift from truckaddons.com for 390.00 with shipping. You need to call them for that price, for some reason its cheaper when you call. I installed the lift myself in like 7 hours. It was my first time ever doing anything like it. I bought my 285 75 16 from Goodyear Tires for 127.00 a tire. The are really good mud terrains. Everything runs a looks great.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
You can do Bili 5100s x 4 and add-a-leaf for same cost and end up with much better shocks than the Pro Comps. Just food for thought. I have seen several pictures of trucks on here lifted with the 3" Pro Comp lift and "they look great" but remember you get what you pay for. Price those Pro Comp shocks out separately and then compare cost to the Bilstein 5100s. Big difference in cost apples to apples. I think the best mid priced suspension lift out there is the OME lift which Toytec website sells for $699.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
^^^What he said about the OME I believe is a good idea. I think you can also get a discount if you contact Neubs, a fellow TW member for a discount at Toytec.

As for the wheels, I think you can get Cragar Soft 8 wheels. They look comparable to the Rock Crawler ones you want.

I think you have your money signs backwards too. $440.00
Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Fletcher007 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hollywood
Fletcher007's Tacoma Gallery
honestly you are wasting a lot of money!!!! just get the billy's set at 2.50 and call it a day. you don't need the uca's , or the diff drop. also do yourself a favor and stick with 265/75/16's unless you want to cut your brand new truck up.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt get the billy's and set em at 2.5 then you will have only a inch of down travel left which will make it useless offroad and it'll suck over speed bumps etc just my .02 but good luck the pro comp looks pretty good and cheap $$ but if you got the bucks go OME
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my OME stuff under the front of my truck. I was out hittin some rough old logging roads/powerline roads at like 30 today while looking for a way to the top of a mountain by my house. I even managed to catch a little air several times. After a while of it, i stopped for a few min at a dead end i came up to and decided to feel if my shocks were warm because it seemed like I wasnt gettin the dampening I previously was..... The front OMEs were warm, my rear Bilstein 5100s were so hot i couldnt hold my hand on for more than about a second! So, a quality lift with good shocks is very important if youre gonna use it! I highly recommend the OME kit. Also, your wheels would be better with a 5" BS to give a 0 offset. the 4.5" BS will stick them out farther and possibly cause some rubbing in the area of the front mudflap and fender flare.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for all of the replies

All of the responses are great info, there are so many damn options out there..

What about this combo? it would be pretty cheap..

Front Bilsteins at 2.5", would this be a problem with stock coils? Would I need to put a drop kit in ?

Rear ADD a Leaf at 1.5"

Duratrac 265/70/17s on stock TRD sport rims

would cost just over $1000
Old 10-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That setup would work fine, though I'd recommend the OME stuff over the billies.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Is your Sport a 4x4 or 2WD? If 2WD, you won't need a differential drop.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
METAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
Is your Sport a 4x4 or 2WD? If 2WD, you won't need a differential drop.

its a 4wd

Are you keeping your stock sport rims then? Are you gonna be running a lift with the 265/70/17s, gash was running 2.5" coilover lift, do you think 3" would be too much and make the tires look small?

Cause as of now I'm thinkin 3" procomp lift, uca's, diff drop, stock trd sport rims and wrap em in a duratrac or km2... cheaper size tire and don't have to buy rims