Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Whats a good lift kit

Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
rs5150 is on a distinguished road
rs5150's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a good lift kit

Hey whats up fellas!!
I have a 2009 PreRunner, love the truck.
I'm looking into lifting my truck and actually using it for off-roading. However I also use it as a regular day vehicle.
So, whats a good lift kit that can give me that hard suspension for off-roading but can also give me that smooth ride on pave roads?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Check out http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php
And I think the OME 3" lift kit will be great for your needs. Either that or the Ultimate..
Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Ultimate Lift Kit: $1200
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
rs5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
what kind of terrain/off roading options do you have?

whereabouts do you live?
i live in Palmdale, CA., nothing but desert out here.
just want some kind of lift where i have enough travel where i wont bottom out out truck, regardless if its a jump or some woops.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs5150 View Post
i live in Palmdale, CA., nothing but desert out here.
just want some kind of lift where i have enough travel where i wont bottom out out truck, regardless if its a jump or some woops.
its important to know that info before giving advice...

while the above mentioned suspensions are great for certain applications, you will likely want to look into something more suited for desert terrain...

at the very least, mid-travel is a good economical investment...

higher end direct replacement coilovers like SAWs, Camburgs, Kings, or Icons should be fine up front, and a leaf pack with rear resi shocks will hold up just fine for a couple years...

if you can swing the money, long travel would be your ultimate best bet for jumps and whoops...

come on out on desert meets to get a feel for the sport and see some various suspension setups up close and personal...

its the best way to do your homework before you drop your hard earned cash on the truck...
Old 10-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
rs5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
its important to know that info before giving advice...

while the above mentioned suspensions are great for certain applications, you will likely want to look into something more suited for desert terrain...

at the very least, mid-travel is a good economical investment...

higher end direct replacement coilovers like SAWs, Camburgs, Kings, or Icons should be fine up front, and a leaf pack with rear resi shocks will hold up just fine for a couple years...

if you can swing the money, long travel would be your ultimate best bet for jumps and whoops...

come on out on desert meets to get a feel for the sport and see some various suspension setups up close and personal...

its the best way to do your homework before you drop your hard earned cash on the truck...
Thanks bro..
When and where are the desert meets?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
there are meets going on all the time...

check the So Cal section of this site, and the Off Road section of customtacos.com

this sunday, there is a group heading out to the Hammers, and i may be rollin out to Barstow...