Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME mixed messages

Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
OME mixed messages

I have been pricing out an OME set-up for the past month it seems. Trying to buy the kit from Canada, however all said and done the Toytec OME kit is still the best option because its a complete package and I would have to get parts from several places if I stayed in Canada. I was about to make the purchase and got a heads up that there might be valving issues with the shocks from toytec. Can anyone point me to a thread that can help me out or have any input? Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What valving issues?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
I just got a text from another TW member telling me that there might be issues with the OME shocks from toytec. I guess my real question would be: Is there any reason not to buy OME from Toytec?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
I just got a text from another TW member telling me that there might be issues with the OME shocks from toytec. I guess my real question would be: Is there any reason not to buy OME from Toytec?
I have heard some people have issues with the OME springs sagging that were bought from Toytec, and Rpoint16 had the same issue. However, I have not hear of any of the OME springs sold from Wheelers sagging. Now, I was told by a representative from OME that a few years ago, they began "Scragging" (pre stressing) their springs. Im not entirely sure if some old OME stock is still floating around, or not, but thats the only info I have heard. About 4 years ago, OME had a bad batch of rear shocks, that had poor welds, but any that leaked were warrentied and replaced for free.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #5

Firefighter:
Thanks for the help. YOU DA MAN!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
Thanks for the help. YOU DA MAN!