1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question for the experianced.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bearskill, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Oct 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I know the Tacoma drive line/axle wrap cluck has been covered 8 million times on this sight. Yes Im going to grease everything I can when I get home from this deployment, But on my 06, the slip yoke does not have zerts. I can't decide how I want to try and correct it.

1. Get OME Dakar 2.75 Leafs, Shim axle 2*-3*, Get a one piece Drive shaft. ( Tom Woods or other brand )

2. Get OME Dakar 2.75 leafs, Carrier bearing drop kit, All Pro Trac bars. Keep stock DS.

And thinking about the extra OME AAL for eather options up there, just don't know if it is necisary. Any opinions? I want to do this right the first time. Getting out of the USAF soon. I wont have $ for mods soon. Which one should I try first?

2. Oct 1, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I vote for one at a time....Get the new leaves first. They may sufficiently stiffen the suspension to take the noticeable wrap out of your drive. (You will NEVER completely eliminate wrap.)

If you still have problems- Then look at the drop/trac bars. The drive shaft and shims I don't think make wrap any better...

3. Oct 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well, I wasn't thinking the DS would help reduce my wrap, but the one piece DS are made for greater angles right? They would be able to handle the wrap without my slip yoke binding up. Or so I have been told. I know the "Clunk" happens on stock trucks, but due to my lift, and no carrier bearing drop isn't the pinion angle off? I was thinking shimming 2*-3*and then the double cardigan DS from Tom Woods. Comes with it's own slip yoke and is much easily greased since my 06 stock slip yoke does not have zerts.

4. Oct 2, 2009 at 4:30 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The higher angles may contribute to the wrap- but you can induce wrap (or get it without doing anything "special") in stock rides. I'd look harder at stiffer springs and trac bars before trying to fix it with the DS....But that's just me...

5. Oct 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Im starting to think you are right. Thank you!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top