Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

question for the experianced.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
question for the experianced.

I know the Tacoma drive line/axle wrap cluck has been covered 8 million times on this sight. Yes Im going to grease everything I can when I get home from this deployment, But on my 06, the slip yoke does not have zerts. I can't decide how I want to try and correct it.

1. Get OME Dakar 2.75 Leafs, Shim axle 2*-3*, Get a one piece Drive shaft. ( Tom Woods or other brand )

2. Get OME Dakar 2.75 leafs, Carrier bearing drop kit, All Pro Trac bars. Keep stock DS.

And thinking about the extra OME AAL for eather options up there, just don't know if it is necisary. Any opinions? I want to do this right the first time. Getting out of the USAF soon. I wont have $ for mods soon. Which one should I try first?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I vote for one at a time....Get the new leaves first. They may sufficiently stiffen the suspension to take the noticeable wrap out of your drive. (You will NEVER completely eliminate wrap.)

If you still have problems- Then look at the drop/trac bars. The drive shaft and shims I don't think make wrap any better...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I wasn't thinking the DS would help reduce my wrap, but the one piece DS are made for greater angles right? They would be able to handle the wrap without my slip yoke binding up. Or so I have been told. I know the "Clunk" happens on stock trucks, but due to my lift, and no carrier bearing drop isn't the pinion angle off? I was thinking shimming 2*-3*and then the double cardigan DS from Tom Woods. Comes with it's own slip yoke and is much easily greased since my 06 stock slip yoke does not have zerts.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Well, I wasn't thinking the DS would help reduce my wrap, but the one piece DS are made for greater angles right? They would be able to handle the wrap without my slip yoke binding up. Or so I have been told. I know the "Clunk" happens on stock trucks, but due to my lift, and no carrier bearing drop isn't the pinion angle off? I was thinking shimming 2*-3*and then the double cardigan DS from Tom Woods. Comes with it's own slip yoke and is much easily greased since my 06 stock slip yoke does not have zerts.
The higher angles may contribute to the wrap- but you can induce wrap (or get it without doing anything "special") in stock rides. I'd look harder at stiffer springs and trac bars before trying to fix it with the DS....But that's just me...