Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just finished my lift... quick questions!

Old 10-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished my lift... quick questions!

First, for some background. I bought this truck with 7k miles about a year ago. It had Tuff Country front spacers installed, but stock UCAs. The alignment has been noticably off, and I finally had the cash to fix it right, so I went with some Camburg Ball-Joint UCAs and assembled my own Toytec coiloevers with Bilstien 5100s.

Now that it's all back together, I have a couple of questions.
1. When I pulled my original coil overs off of the truck, there was a ~1/2" spacer above the top plate on each side. They didn't look stock, nor did the label, so I wasn't sure if I should put them back in with the new coils. I did not place them in for the time being; please correct me if I am wrong.

2. The instructions for the adjustment collar said that 1" of thread below the nut would yield 3" of lift, and not to exceed 1.5" of thread. I put the passenger side at 1.125" and the driver's side at 1.325" to try level to front and drove around the block. After letting it settle, I would suspect that I have a maximum of 1-1.5" of lift currently... way off from the 3" the instructions suggested. Did I do something wrong?

3. Could someone measure from the top of their 285s to the painted fender and give me a measurement to go off of? I mistakenly forgot to measure before starting, so I'm going from eye, but it's clearly lower than before.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I think the instructions you got are wrong like mine were. Check this thread out (esp. the last page) and let me know if this helps.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-question.html
Old 10-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
I think the instructions you got are wrong like mine were. Check this thread out (esp. the last page) and let me know if this helps.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-question.html
Thanks for the big help. Just looking at the coilovers, I would have kept wrenching on them. I bought the kit instead of the pre-assembled coilovers, and I know that with 1" of thread there isn't a lot of preload on the springs at all... but I heeded Toytec's instructional warnings. Maybe in a couple of hours I'll go back and adjust them correctly... I've already spent 1.5 days getting the coil overs and UCAs installed (don't ask.)