Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

do i have to cut

Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
do i have to cut

do i have to cut into my crossmember if i have a prerunner and want to do the procomp stage i 6 inch?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
but doesnt that only give me 4 inches of lift??? and what other components would i need to get the truck level? just blocks in the rear?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
$950 - Camburg Spindles
$300 - Bilsteins all around
$375 - All Pro 3" Leaf pack
$170 - OME Springs
$60 - Extended brake lines

Under 2K for approximately a 6 inch kit?

Maybe after market UCA's?

Just a thought.

I was thinking about doing this but then I found out spindles can't be put on a 4x4.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you can get the spindles and get 4", then get up to another 3 inches of lift from your coilovers. very easy.
do prerunners even have a crossmember? i thought that was only 4x4s
Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Yes.
If you did the Total Chaos or Camburg lift spindles though, you would have a straight bolt on lift.
Why would the cross member need to be cut, if there is no diff in the front?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
okay so now im confused... do i need to cut or no?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_man View Post
okay so now im confused... do i need to cut or no?
No.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nope...4x4's only
Old 10-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Yes.. It's a drop bracket lift.
Read: http://www.explorerprocomp.com/downl...ota_tacoma.pdf

A spindle lift requires no cutting, a drop bracket lift requires you to cut the front cross member.
The only reason the cross member needs to be cut, is to lower the front diff, and give it clearance. No front diff = not nessesary to cut the crossmember. The added crossmember simply bolts under the existing one.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes.. It's a drop bracket lift.
Read: http://www.explorerprocomp.com/downl...ota_tacoma.pdf

A spindle lift requires no cutting, a drop bracket lift requires you to cut the front cross member.
thats a 4x4.... prerunners will not have a drop bracket, there is no diveline in the front to need dropping.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #13

John...Scrol down the instructions:
http://www.explorerprocomp.com/PDFs/is/57096.pdf

You will see in large Type:

IMPORTANT: IT IS
NOT NECESSARY TO
CUT FRAME FOR
2WD KIT
INSTALLATION
Old 10-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

NOT NECESSARY TO
CUT FRAME FOR
2WD KIT
INSTALLATION
well i guess that solves it
Old 10-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

NOT NECESSARY TO
CUT FRAME FOR
2WD KIT
INSTALLATION
Old 10-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #16
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
According to the instructions on page 8 it says no cutting of the cross member on 2wd.

So I guess I would not be cutting the cross member.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #17

fist bump for chris. haha
Old 10-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
pr3runn3rz r s3riuz bizn3z!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
pr3runn3rz r s3riuz bizn3z!!!!
Thats Right! 4WD or GTFO!