1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From Blocks to AALs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Packman73, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 3:40 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    My truck had a factory Revtec 3" lift on it when I bought it. ~6 months ago Chris4x4 put OME springs and 5100s all the way around. The AALs I had were not the right ones so I just sold them and continued on with blocks in the back.
    Last Monday Chris helped me install the correct AALs.
    After going 13 months with blocks in the back to having AALs in the back; the difference is like night and day. The rear suspension is so much more smooth than it was before.
    The front set up is still a bit stiff, + blocks in the back made the ride almost too choppy (especially for my wife..).
    Now the AALs are in, the truck rides at least 50% better.

So to all the new guys I would say, don't get blocks in the back, get AALs!!!

2. Oct 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What He said ^^^^^^

3. Oct 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    All this time I've been hearing blocks do nothing but lift the rear - they don't affect ride quality..? AAL's are what make the ride stiff? IDK..but it kinda seems logical..

I picture AAL this way...a boot.. if u add more bottom support to a boot, you loose flexibility in the boot, therefore making the ride stiffer. This is what two mechanic told me in the past. They always ask me why I am choosing to remove blocks instead of AAL if I want to make ride better.

Currently, I have both a TSB AAl and a block in the back and debating whether I should remove the block or the AAL.

Products Discussed in

To Top