Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just bought my new lift!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my new lift!

So I am currently running a 3" revtec suspension lift with block in the back (It rides HORRIBLE!). I just bought 4 Bilstein 5100s from downsouth motorsports and 2 OME 886s and top plate spacer and rear 2" AAL from Toytec. All together it was $613. It will give me a full 3" lift and should ride ALOT better. I will post pics of the install.

My question is what setting do I need to run the rear shocks at to give me a full 3" in the rear with that 2" AAL? What setting do the front shocks need to be at to make a full 3" with the top plate spacer?

I bought the 886s because my buddy is making me a bumber fot the front.

My current 3" came with a diff drop and I am leaving that on but changing the rest of it.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Do you have an aftermarket front bumper or diff drop?
X2?

Those 886's are gonna ride stiff on an Access cab, and no heavy stuff up front.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Leave the front shocks at the 0" setting (Bottom), and nothing but the AAL is needed in the rear
Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
So with the 5100s set at "0" and the springs up front and the 2" AAL and 5100s out back I should be able to fit my 285/70R17 BFG MTZs without rubbing or cutting? I am running them now with no rubbing or cutting.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
So with the 5100s set at "0" and the springs up front and the 2" AAL and 5100s out back I should be able to fit my 285/70R17 BFG MTZs without rubbing or cutting? I am running them now with no rubbing or cutting.
No spacers?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
Should be able to.