Notices

Spindle lift

Old 10-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
mxmaniac is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
mxmaniac's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle lift

Hey guys
I have donahoe coilovers and camberg uca right now on my truck. I just ordered camberg spindles and ome Dakar leaf pack. i was just wondering if it was easy to install the spindles. iv installed everything so far so i dont think this will be a problem.
thx for the help
Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure its not easy, but you could give it a shot. I think 06Bluez did them himself, so you can pm him
Old 10-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
It's not an easy task. That's why I didn't even bother installing them myself. You have to bleed the brakes, replace the brakes, and all of this other bullshit. I suggest paying someone to do it for you.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you have to replace the brakes? stupid question but what do you mean by that?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's all bolt-on stuff. Piece of cake if you've done coilovers and UCAs already.

Pull the wheel, pull the brake caliper (no need to undo the line unless you're replacing the brake lines), pull the caliper mount, unbolt the steering linkage, unbolt the UCA from the stock spindle, unbolt the spindle from the LCA, move bearing and stuff to the new spindle as needed, reinstall in reverse.

Do x2 and get an alignment. Nice afternoon job with time for beer and pizza.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh so your not replacing the brakes, as in new different parts. he meant that you take the brakes off then put them back on...of course youd have to do that haha my bad just read it wrong
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
It's all bolt-on stuff. Piece of cake if you've done coilovers and UCAs already.

Pull the wheel, pull the brake caliper (no need to undo the line unless you're replacing the brake lines), pull the caliper mount, unbolt the steering linkage, unbolt the UCA from the stock spindle, unbolt the spindle from the LCA, move bearing and stuff to the new spindle as needed, reinstall in reverse.

Bingo.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
mxmaniac is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
mxmaniac's Tacoma Gallery
well i think i might have someone do it now. i really dont have time to put everything on.

i still haven't bought brake line and it didn't come with my spindles, iv looked around but couldn't find extended front brake lines. where do i buy them?
Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #10
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
you have to replace the brakes? stupid question but what do you mean by that?
sorry I meant to say brake lines
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #11

Quote:

You missed the most hardest part of the whole project: grinding the calipers.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmaniac View Post
well i think i might have someone do it now. i really dont have time to put everything on.

i still haven't bought brake line and it didn't come with my spindles, iv looked around but couldn't find extended front brake lines. where do i buy them?
Thanks
Call Camburg. They've got a set that they include with their long travel kit that will work perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
You missed the most hardest part of the whole project: grinding the calipers.
I embrace any chance to throw sparks halfway across the garage.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I embrace any chance to throw sparks halfway across the garage.
Ah...yes..... The smell of burning metal. Nothing gets the 'ol adreanalin flowing better than some hot sparks, and a small fire in the garage...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Almost there

you have to grind the calipers
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #15

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
People shouldn't shy away from the easy stuff. Seriously, give one of these projects a shot and you'll be amazed how much confidence it builds.

It's like folks who go to a shop for brake work because they prefer to have it done by a "professional." It's a damn important system, which is EXACTLY why I do brake work myself. Nobody will put as much care and attention to detail into my truck as I will.

Replacing brake lines takes 10 minutes and bleeding brakes takes a 10mm box wrench and someone sitting in the driver's seat. Get some wrenches and start turning them!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #16
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
People shouldn't shy away from the easy stuff. Seriously, give one of these projects a shot and you'll be amazed how much confidence it builds.

It's like folks who go to a shop for brake work because they prefer to have it done by a "professional." It's a damn important system, which is EXACTLY why I do brake work myself. Nobody will put as much care and attention to detail into my truck as I will.
X2!